Channel Executive - Retail
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Do you have a vision for how Microsoft platforms can come together at retail to create an amazing customer experience? Do you have a passion for Retail? Are you a strong planner and collaborator? Do you have incredible attention to detail and excellent communication skills? Will you do what it takes to get the job done with our top Retail partners in great partnership with Sales, Merchandising, and Category Marketing? Are you ready to be a key contributor to the race to drive revenue, profit, and customer satisfaction for Office software (M365) and Windows across a portfolio of strategic accounts, including Target?
This position drives increased revenues and attach opportunities for Office & Windows products by developing, implementing and measuring retailer specific promotions and marketing plans in direct partnership with our retailers and third party device manufacturers.
You will succeed by understanding the consumer, the account-specific business drivers, our partners, and competitive & business trends for respective products. You will have the opportunity to create and execute best-in-class programs and promotions that maximize the retailer’s core competencies while driving growth for Microsoft products and services.
- Understanding the consumer and marketplace dynamics impacting the Office and Windows categories.
- Driving alignment on key channel objectives for Office, Windows and PCs with account teams and accounts.
- Developing close working relationships with account managers, category managers, 3rd party partners and most importantly, the retailer.
- Developing launch plans for respective retailers/partners based on collaboration with category managers and account teams. Plans will encompass the MS and partner goals and expectations (from launch to phase out or end of life), be differentiated by account and ensure in-store brand ownership, category assortment, promotions, merchandising, etc.
- Understanding the levers for driving share, attach and revenue at the account level (e.g. on price, shelf presence, display, features, promotions, convenience, etc.)
- Understanding consumer purchase habits, by account and product
- Developing collaborative Go-to-Market strategies that tell the Office and Windows story: In-Store, online, and driving the 3P Marketplace via authorized reseller programs
- Working closely with internal groups and partners to develop brand level long-lead forecasts, merchandising and display strategies, store personnel trainings and driving quarterly Account Business Reviews and regular partner disclosures.
- 8+ years partner management, sales, business development, platform ecosystem/network, or partner channel development in the technology industry
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Enginering or related field AND 5+ year(s) partner management, sales, business development, platform ecosystem/network, or partner channel development in the technology industry
- OR equivalent experience.
- 1+ year(s) experience with planning, budgeting, and other project management activities.
- Retail Experience – Sales, channel marketing or category marketing ; 4-6 years relevant experience.
- Proven analytical experience with sales, trend analysis, plan-o-grams, forecasting market and market share, assortment development to help drive accurate sell through forecasts
- Strong project management skills. Experience developing and leading projects start to finish across many groups. Ability to manage multiple projects and partners and ensure clarity. Exceptional time management abilities a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills - ability to effectively influence others in multiple groups and collaborate to achieve specific goals.
- BA or equivalent experience required; MBA desired
- Creative thought leadership to continue evolving the business
- Requires an individual with broad skill-set encompassing excellent sales & relationship management capabilities. Must be able to communicate and manage at all levels
- Other competencies include: Drive for Results, Problem Solving, Planning, Organizing and Coordinating, Decision Making, Creativity, Communication Skills, Negotiation and Conflict Management, Customer Focus, Representing Microsoft and Cross Group Collaboration
- This position requires ~25% travel and may vary
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.