Senior Software Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Do you enjoy designing & building Full stack capabilities that delight our users & customers? Are you excited about building innovative technologies that protect our customers from cybersecurity threats? Do you thrive in a collaborative & a data-driven environment? Do you enjoy working with talented software engineers, program managers, data scientists and security researchers?
We are a collaborative, fast growing, and fun group with a startup mindset. We are part of Microsoft’s Security, Compliance Identity & Manageability (SCIM) division. Our mission is to help protect our customers with truly innovative cybersecurity technologies. We are committed to defending Microsoft customers from cyber-attacks as well as providing sophisticated capabilities for securing important devices & data. Making our customers succeed with our solutions is what excites us every day! Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, prior work & life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. We foster a strong culture of learning & a collaborative work-environment.
We are building numerous cybersecurity products & services for Enterprise & Consumer customers. Our products offer intuitive and easy-to-use UX that delight our customers. Our cloud services leverage Big Data and employ the latest advancements in AI/ML. Key product lines built by our division include world’s leading Anti-Virus, the Microsoft Defender Antivirus (AV), Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) solutions, Microsoft Threat Experts and more. Our products and services are foundational drivers for Microsoft 365, and are a major growth opportunity for Microsoft.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join a team of talented Software Engineers working on Front End/Web UX experiences.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Design and implementation of Front End features that are responsive, highly-available, compliant, and deployed globally via CI/CD
- Participate in all-aspects of the engineering life-cycle including project planning, designing and implementing features
- Support, mentor, and help team members grow, building an inclusive team environment where everyone can deliver their best work
- Advocate for and maintain a culture of high-quality software development
- Partner closely with our Program Management, UX Design, Security Research & Data Science teams
Help the team meet related engineering & business goals
- 4+ years of industry-experience building/delivering high-quality software
Preferred Qualifications :
- 4+ years of experience in cloud development principles and patterns
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience building full-stack features & cloud services
- Experience in Web UI frameworks like React or Angular
- Experience using agile methodologies
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields (or equivalent course work)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.