Marketing Campaign Analyst
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Bellevue, Washington, Bethesda, Maryland, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Mountain View, California, New York, New York, Palo Alto, California, Phoenix, Arizona, Redmond, Washington, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our consumer marketing team is focused on delivering customers relevant, timely, and personalized communications to help them get more value out of Microsoft products.
We are looking for a seasoned marketing/business campaign analyst to apply data-driven insights into channel strategy, campaign management, and experimentation. In this role, you will have the chance to combine science, marketing, and technology to build customer-centric marketing campaigns while delivering business results and customer insights.
As an analyst, you will lead data acquisition and processing to build data reporting capabilities to assess marketing campaign performance and impact. You will be responsible for understanding and solving difficult business problems using data. You will partner with marketing leads to develop experimentation plans and measurement tools to apply the appropriate attribution models.
You will be a strong partner with stakeholder teams, including product, engineering, and data science to develop, review, support, and influence marketing and product decisions. You will need to exhibit operational excellence while providing accurate and timely reporting, executive synthesis, storytelling, and action planning.
- Develop measurement framework to evaluate business plans, campaigns, and experiments across owned & operated channels
- Build presentations and reporting; provide data stories with recommendations for actions
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with partner teams and facilitate synergy among the central analytics teams, engineering teams and marketing teams
- Educate internal teams on analytics, insights, and measurement by building tools, writing knowledge documentation, and delivering learning sessions
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, or related field AND 2+ years Marketing Analytics, Business Operations & Insights, Business Intelligence, or related work experience
- OR equivalent experience
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, or related field AND 4+ years Marketing Analytics, Business Operations & Insights, Business Intelligence, or related work experience
- OR equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with marketing (campaign/experiment planning and execution) and metrics development
- Prior experience developing data reporting and analytics-based solutions
- Ability to synthesize data and identify root cause
- Use data to measure campaign effectiveness and bring that to life through visualizations and storytelling
- Thrives in ambiguous situations; a builder that is energized by creating new, better ways of marketing programs and campaigns in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to bring others together to deliver an integrated approach to customers across channels and experiences
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills; ability to work across organizational boundaries and drive impact through influence
- Creative, innovative, and organized thinker with a strong drive for results
- Familiarity with probability, probability distributions, statistics, and causal inference
- Knowledge of SQL, Power BI, and Azure services
- Passionate advocate for inclusion and diversity
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.