Principal Software Engineering Manager - Azure Key Vault
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Azure Key Vault team is responsible for key and secrets management for Microsoft products. The service enables Azure customers to encrypt data at rest, provision and auto-rotate TLS certificates, and securely manage credentials for resource access. The service operates at cloud scale with 99.99 availability. The team is under the Identity division in Microsoft’s newly formed Security, Compliance, Identity, and Management organization and is responsible for ensuring customers trust Microsoft’s cloud platform.
We’re looking for smart, curious, passionate engineering manager who want to apply their experience and skills to create something new that our business and customers need. You’ll have a meaningful and visible impact on security and reliability of services across Microsoft. You’ll lead your team to make product and technology decisions. You’ll execute on a fast-paced timeline with a team of individuals who have a track record of successful delivery.
We value multiculturalism, hearing every voice, and inclusion, in all aspects of what we do. Diversity is the foundation and an intrinsic part of our culture – our team has a strong sense of accountability; we value and explicitly support each and every individual in their learning and career growth.
- Work on the core of Azure, building and securing the foundation of the cloud itself.
- Work across Azure to seamlessly integrate your service with partner teams, Azure product offerings, and our customers’ cloud infrastructure.
- Mentor and grow developers on the team, create an environment where you and your team can do its best work, and influence and impact others through your results and collaboration.
- Develop and execute on a technical strategy for delivering new service capabilities.
- Guide the team to build intuitive and responsive user and developer experiences.
- Be responsible for technical design, implementation and quality of features and engineering systems.
- Interact and collaborate with partner teams to deliver cohesive, easy to use solutions for the Azure platform.
- Build on our Microsoft principles (create clarity, generate energy, deliver success) and values (respect, integrity, accountability) to effectively collaborate and make things happen.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a People Manager, Tech Lead, or leading (Informal or Formal) a team of Software Engineers.
- Experience with building, running and/or maintaining high scale, distributed cloud services.
- Experience building customer facing features for enterprise scenarios
- Experience working cross-team with other key stakeholders
Nice-To-Have (Not Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering or related field, or completion of a Code/Developer academy program
- Experience building software features on Azure
- Experience with developing high-scale APIs
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.