Principal Software Engineering Manager - Azure AD End-User Experiences
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you passionate about web development? Do you love working with the latest tools and technologies? Do you want to revolutionize the end user experience for Azure Active Directory (AAD)?
In Identity, the AAD End User Experiences team drives the development of modern, industry-leading web-based experiences for AAD. Our team’s mission is to unlock productivity for end users at companies by giving them fast, intuitive, and accessible experiences which help them discover, get access to, and launch the apps they need in their daily jobs. To achieve this, we are building single page web apps based on latest open-source web and micro-service technologies, which scale to serve millions of users each month.
Developing apps and services at the middle and top of the web stack gives our team a unique opportunity to have wide impact and interaction with teams across Identity and Microsoft. We collaborate with other organizations across Microsoft, like M365 and Teams, to share and develop coherent experiences across the entire Microsoft ecosystem.
We are looking for a Principal Engineering Manager to lead a team of talented engineers working on Identity’s web apps and distributed backend services. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Lead the team to design and implement performant, scalable, and polished features in our web apps and backend services
- Maintain a strong working relationship with PM, design, and other product teams across our organization
- Support, mentor, and help engineers grow, building an inclusive team environment where everyone can deliver their best work
- Advocate for and maintain a culture of high-quality software development
- Help the team meet related engineering & business goals
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ Years of Experience as a People Manager, leading teams of Software Engineers.
- Experience with building, running and/or maintaining high scale, distributed cloud services.
- Experience building customer facing features for enterprise scenarios
- Experience working cross-team with other key stakeholders
- Experience and/or Familiarity with Front-End Technologies such as: React, Angular, or a similar web development framework.
Nice-To-Have (Not Required):
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience building global, enterprise-grade web apps from conception to deployment.
- Customer obsessed, passionate about getting the right experience for partners and customers, with record of delivering rapid go-to-market solutions.
- Passion for operational excellence.
The ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years there after
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.