Application Developer Sr Consultant Poly CTJ
Location: Elkridge, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission
The Microsoft Federal organization was established to address the unique mission, legal/regulatory requirements, and procurement rules and processes of the United States Government (USG). Microsoft Federal is committed to ensuring its resources – including appropriately qualified, experienced, and certified personnel (with necessary security clearances or otherwise) are available as needed to meet USG evolving needs. To that end, Microsoft embraces, as a mission-critical philosophy, flexibility in the recruiting, hiring, and workforce assignment of Microsoft Federal personnel. Microsoft Federal personnel can expect to serve in various roles in the Microsoft Federal organization during the course of their career to meet evolving USG needs, regardless of segment – Civilian, Defense, or intelligence community.
What you do
- Follows capacity process outlined by Global Capacity Management team. Maintains tools with up-to-date skills and availability.
- Leads meetings with customers/partners to understand business needs. Uses business, industry and technology strategies to map customer/partner requirements to the adoption and optimization of Microsoft technology solutions. Engages others appropriately to understand and define customer requirements.
- Participates in project planning and develops project documents by identifying the risks and dependencies. Communicates the business value of planned solutions to customers/ partners. Identifies technical and business risks in programs and proposes mitigations. Assists project managers/architects in preparing for steering committee (e.g., developing artifacts). Manages their schedule and communicates to project leads. Generates and delivers Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Implements solutions and may provide oversight and leadership on workstreams across domains while adhering to Microsoft Services processes. Aligns solutions with the intent of the architecture.
- Manages escalations, analyzes situations, and coordinates appropriate resources to resolve issues by following delivery practices, considering cost implications, and engaging in conversations with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., Customer Service and Support, Project Manager, Solution Architect, Product Group) as needed.
- Proactively manages executive-level customer/partner/stakeholder relationships to identify and contribute to the drivers of satisfaction and dissatisfaction, determine the root cause, and establish recovery actions to improve experience. Works with account team to ensure One Microsoft approach. Shares lessons learned with workgroup and consultant community.
Intellectual Property Management
- Acts as an ambassador in consumption of intellectual property (IP) by leveraging and/or modifying existing IP or creating repeatable content where applicable. Provides feedback on Managed IP for continuous improvement, reports IP gaps, reviews IP to be considered for harvesting and curation and ensures it is logged for consumption. Improves Managed Standard Offerings (MSO) quality and collaborates with portfolio and solution teams of the domain by providing feedback.
- Identifies opportunities to expand or accelerate the adoption and consumption of the cloud and Microsoft technologies. As appropriate, facilitates other team members to scale the business with existing customers by articulating value propositions of strategic Microsoft products and services and developing new offerings for the domain. Drives innovation and digital transformation. Ensures the use of existing intellectual property (IP).
- Completes operational tasks and readiness and ensures timeliness and accuracy. Follows Microsoft policies, compliance, and procedures (e.g., Enterprise Services Authorization Policy, Standards of Business Conduct, labor logging, expenses, travel guidelines). Leads as example and guides team members on operational tasks, readiness, and compliance.
What you need
Must have Application Developer experience background
Expert in Visual Studio and C# development
Must have experience with VMware and standing up and maintaining Virtual Machines
Must have debugging experience
Must have lifecycle management experience
- Powershell highly preferred
You will need to live within average commuting distance to the location as this position requires you to be on the customer site 5 days a week.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
U.S. Citizenship Verification:
This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening.
Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
TS/SCI Poly Security Clearance:
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.