Senior Manager - Long Range Forecasting
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Boise, Idaho, New York, New York, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington, Sunnyvale, California
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
This is a terrific opportunity in the Cloud Capacity Planning (CCP) group. This is the group that plans the cloud infrastructure for all Microsoft online services. This is a massive, global footprint - growing rapidly as Microsoft and our customers pivot to the cloud. It also costs billions to grow and operate annually, so the opportunity for business impact is enormous. Although we are part of Azure, we don't just support Azure, but in fact all Microsoft services including Microsoft 365, Xbox Live, Windows, Bing and more. Within CCP, the Medium Term & Inventory Planning team orchestrates and creates the plan of record for forward-looking server capacity needs. Our plans are the basis for billions of dollars in CapEx spend, supplier agreements and long-term component supply strategies; not to mention supporting the worldwide customers of Microsoft's online services. Creating this plan requires us to wear multiple hats. On the business side, we work with several product & process teams to align on the demand forecast, inventory & buffer requirements, product assumptions and data center capacity. On the engineering side, we work with multiple evolving input and output systems. On the financial side, we work with our partners to provide outlook to the fiscal year budget including risks and opportunities.
- Accountable to deliver aligned long range forecast for key materials in our supply chain, ensuring an ability for downstream partners to strategically position supply which supports customer commitment for delivering the World's Compute.
- Cultivate the relationship with the Product Engineering, Demand Planning, Supply Chain, Sourcing & Deployment groups.
- Align on requirements and continuous to drive customer-first focus in developing a monthly forecasting release.
- Cultivate the relationship with the Demand Planning & Supply Chain organizations to develop seamless execution of supply strategy and feedback on forecast performance.
- Partner with the Engineering team to develop features that support plan stability & accuracy and enhanced user experience.
- Envision and drive Objectives and Key Results for commodity forecasting, as well as key input measures from other teams.
- 6+ years for broad and deep product / supply chain / business planning experience
- Experience of planning systems (such as SAP, Oracle, E2Open, etc.), business intelligence (SQL, Power BI, Power Pivot, etc.)
- Masters degree or equivalent in supply chain, related product/technology, business administration, mathematics, data science or engineering field Clarity Generator
- Leadership – Are you an expert at leading cross-functional teams on complex projects with many variables?
- Can you take a complex system with multiple moving parts and be able to understand and explain the output succinctly?
- Collaborator - Great collaborators aren't just easy to work with - they also raise tough questions, deliver bad news with grace, challenge others as necessary and negotiate win/win solutions.
- Great Teammate - We seek amazing teammates. People who help each other, solve problems together, motivate others, have fun and create energy.
- Continuous Learner - Every planning cycle, we encounter new & challenging business requirements that test our ability to adapt and to keep learning. In short, we are looking for people with growth mindsets.
- Communication and Influence - Can you build relationships and influence people - from execs to individuals, across business and technical disciplines?
- Are you equally adept at leading cross-functional meetings or building rapport and personal connection in 1:1 conversations?
- Results oriented - Are you a doer who can span from strategic thinking to getting stuff done and consistently delivering? BI, Metrics and Analytics
- Are you able to identify themes and learnings out of data? Define the essence of a function and measure its success? Provide KPI that are clear to understand and can drive decision making?
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.