Senior Software Design Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is embarking on a new effort to address the growing needs of employees around the world. We are building the Microsoft Viva product suite to address the fundamental shift in how people work, build their career, and find meaning in their workplace. Ally.io has joined Microsoft through a recent acquisition to become a core pillar in the Microsoft Viva suite. Ally.io is a category-leading OKR SaaS solution that helps drive accountability, transparency, and alignment on goals across organizations. It was a highly successful startup based in Seattle (including Seattle Startup of the Year, and finalist for next Tech Titan) with a significant team footprint in India. As part of Viva, we have once in a lifetime opportunity to build a massive business from ground up and bring purpose, happiness, and productivity to millions.
Ally is seeking an experienced senior software engineer to architect and build scalable and performant applications using engineering best practices. As an experienced engineer you will closely work with other engineers, managers, product, design and operations teams to create solutions that meet business requirements. You will drive engineering and operational excellence across Ally. You will collaborate with other engineers to surface common pain points, develop solutions and evangelize best practices. You will also support, mentor and help other engineers in the team.
- Own the design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale software applications
- Interact and collaborate with multiple teams and various stakeholders to deliver features on time
- Have a strong bias towards action
- Obsess about writing modular and high quality code
- Ideate with your peers. Being supportive of their work and providing constructive feedback on their solutions
- Obsessed with customers and their feedback
- Write modular and high quality code with adequate tests to meet the stringent quality standards
- Adopt new technologies, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the product
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience building customer-facing web and/or mobile applications
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Experience architecting, building, and maintaining highly available services in a large service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- AngularJS, ReactJS, Ruby, RoR, HTML5, ExpressJS, CSS/SCSS, Linux.
- Excellent knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter, quick learner and passionate problem resolver
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- Above all, an insatiable desire and ability to learn
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.