Principal Product Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is embarking on a new effort to address the growing needs of employees around the world. We are building the Microsoft Viva product suite to address the fundamental shift in how people work, build their career, and find meaning in their workplace. Employee engagement is in flux as a result of economic, demographic, and societal changes. People want to be excited about their work, be connected to their company culture, understand how to succeed, and feel supported across a spectrum of onboarding, skilling, coaching and mentoring. The broader Viva product family is dedicated to examining the employee journey and delivering software and services to make it better.
Ally.io has joined Microsoft through a recent acquisition to become a core pillar in the Microsoft Viva suite – Viva Goals. Ally.io is a category-leading OKR SaaS solution that helps drive accountability, transparency, and alignment on goals across organizations. It was a highly successful startup in Seattle (including Seattle Startup of the Year, and finalist for next Tech Titan). As part of Viva, we have once in a lifetime opportunity to build a massive business from ground up and bring purpose, happiness, and productivity to millions.
We are seeking a Principal Product Manager to join the Viva Goals team and continuing to drive value to Microsoft customers. This role will contribute towards shaping the future of Viva Goals and their engagement in the Microsoft Viva family. They will obsess over customer needs, partner with engineering, design, and other Microsoft product teams, along with great collaboration with the Microsoft field and marketing. Candidate attributes customer obsession, a learning mindset, strong communication skills, and generating energy across a diverse team.
- Drive the development of strategy for Viva Goals
- Plan product reviews with engineering teams and planning reviews with executive leadership.
- Work on product roadmap, backlog, and deliverables.
- Be an exceptional individual contributor
- Closely partner with engineering and design to understand trade-offs and refine requirements that meet product goals.
- Gather data from multiple sources to measure the effectiveness of new features and identify areas of improvement.
- Create and socialize artifacts that clearly communicate requirements including
- BRDs, user flows, and prototypes.
- Formulate hypotheses and quickly validate with prototypes, user feedback, and experimentation.
- Work with customers, support, and engineering teams to handle and resolve any critical customer issues that arise.
- 7+ years' minimum experience in Product Management
- Experience in working with high-performing and globally distributed teams.
- Proven track record of shipping large scale enterprise software products or highly available and reliable cloud services.
- History of building strong relationships with engineering and design at the working team and leadership level
- Ability to bring a unique balance of technical, design, and business skills to project work.
- Ability to drive collaboration and influence across different product teams and orgs.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.