Customer Experience - Executive Escalations
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington, United States
Job Type: Full time
With over 17,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience.
The Experience Strategy, Services, and Operations (ESSO) organization is leading the effort to create the desired customer experience through support offer creation, driving digital transformation across our tools, and delivering operational excellence across CE&S.
This role will report to the COO of Customer Experience & Success with responsibility for managing the most complex relationship-level customer experience issues across Microsoft.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
This role is flexible in that you can work up to 100% from home.
- Customer Experience - Executive Escalations
This role is expected to manage senior executive relationships internally and externally, handle extremely sensitive situations with the highest degree of professionalism and be well versed in conflict de-escalation and resolution of highly complex systemic issues impacting vendor/customer relationships.
In addition to personally managing the most complex situations, this role will serve as an industry expert in the establishment of processes and programs to scale the ability to systematically track, manage and successfully resolve complex issues negatively impacting vendor/customer relationships. This role will partner closely with leaders from Sales, Engineering, Support and other business functions and is expected to provide leadership across these business functions to bring customer issues to resolution in a manner that protects and preserves the customer's relationship with Microsoft
Business Program Planning and Design
- Identifies and scopes opportunities to develop new programs and improve current ones impacting Microsoft. Drives the identification and resolution of root problems (e.g., root-cause analysis), the definition of the program strategy, gathers program requirements, identifies resource needs, creates the project plan and targets, and works across teams to align on the plan of record. Improves operations of existing programs by applying industry methodology, defining crucial complex program issues, assessing various scenarios, and selecting the optimal scenario to resolve issues. Drives clarity in highly crucial program issues and strives for simplification.
- Drives strategic alignment among cross-functional (e.g., organizational, product, business) stakeholders (e.g., Engineering) to design crucial programs from initiation to delivery. Provides thought leadership to produce collateral (e.g., proposals, strategy walking deck, internal and external pitch content) to incorporate stakeholder needs and ensure the business objectives are met.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to drive the defining and tracking of success criteria and performance metrics (e.g., Objectives and Key Results [OKRs] and Key Performance Indicators [KPIs]), such as quality, adoption, usage, impact, and effectiveness for the program.
Business Program Excellence and Execution
- Sets best practices to define and executes on a landing and communication plan, such as the target audience(s) and communication strategy. Drives the rhythm of business (ROB) during plan execution to ensure participants and stakeholders are communicating and responding according to the necessary cadence. Drives others to work across teams (e.g., Landing, Design, Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Technical Program Management) to ensure all program requirements are understood and can be met.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to evangelize crucial programs to stakeholders, partners, and customers to gain buy in. Leverages data and performance metrics (e.g., Objectives and Key Results [OKRs] and Key Performance Indicators [KPIs]) to demonstrate the value of the program and show business impact. Drives others to adapt communication style and storytelling strategy according to audience and business needs.
Business Program Management
- Oversees a portfolio of projects including the project plan, timelines, milestones, financial management, performance metrics, and/or resource needs for crucial programs. Communicates the program status and risk to relevant stakeholders and holds them accountable for following the established schedule, risk mitigation plans, and processes. Establishes objectives and success criteria for the project in an inclusive collaborative manner with all stakeholders.
Business Program Evaluation and Improvement
- Provides subject matter expertise to collect and evaluates success criteria and performance metrics (e.g., Objectives and Key Results [OKRs] and Key Performance Indicators [KPIs]), such as acquisition, usage, impact, effectiveness, and customer feedback to use scorecards and dashboards to monitor programs and ensure all activities align with business and program objectives, and to report up to leadership and create leadership visibility. Optimizes the use of data analytics (e.g., scenario analyses) to derive insights and training that help identify current and future program risks and mitigation plans, as well as opportunities to streamline and optimize programs based on lessons learned that impact Microsoft.
- 12+ years work experience in program management, process management, or process improvement
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, Finance or related field AND 8+ years work experience in program management, process management, process improvement
- OR equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of customer escalation management
- Strong executive relationship management, customer relationship management and conflict resolution skills
- Industry expertise in establishing processes and programs at scale
- Cross-functional business leadership
- Customer Obsessed
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $161,800 - $242,600 USD
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.