Principal PM Manager-CTJ
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia, Sunnyvale, California
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to help achieve that mission. As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance.
To achieve this goal, the Cloud Hardware Experience Engineering (CHEE) Team within CHIE is responsible for providing and servicing the hardware that powers our datacenters, improving customer experience, and managing the hardware quality of Microsoft Azure.
We are looking for a highly motivated Principal PM Manager to join the team with a track record in FW/SW development to come help us shape, define, develop, implement, and track innovative FW/SW solutions for CHIE Government Cloud activities. We are looking for an engineering leader to provide FW/SW strategic direction to our organization and to lead our FW/SW teams to drive the Government Cloud requirements for Azure CHIE. We are looking for an experienced PM who can be the liaison to our internal/external partners to drive Microsoft Azure Government requirements to our partners and coordinate development efforts with different Azure Engineering teams. Being a technical and experienced PM leader, you will help us define and develop tactical and strategic solutions to meet the immediate and long-term FW/SW needs of our Azure HW infrastructure roadmap for Azure Government Cloud.
As a Principal SW PM Manager for the CHIE Government Cloud team, you will be responsible building, leading and training a team of cleared engineers in CHIE team. You will be leading a team of direct PM reports and a team of indirect Dev reports to ensure our cloud HW/FW are compliant to Government requirements. You must have a strong desire, passion, and ability to understand customer needs and a willingness to develop holistic approaches to product solutions that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. You should have a good understanding of hardware, firmware, software services, security and compliance.
- Identify gaps and opportunities for Azure Government Cloud improvements within CHIE organization.
- Define FW/SW strategies for government cloud in addition to tactical solutions.
- Define KPIs, ROIs, and quantify business impact for new features.
- Drive HW/FW Government Cloud Requirement compliance across New Product Introduction (NPI) programs.
- Coordinate and manage cross-org collaboration.
- Communicate within internal teams, present to organization LT and across organizations.
- Manage HW/FW product backlog and define roadmap for FW/SW team to fulfill government cloud requirement.
- 10+ years of experience as a technical Program Manager or in a technical role with systems experience.
- 3+ years of experience as an engineering line manager
- Experience in management of complex cross-group, cross-business, cross-disciplinary projects.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, resolve conflicts, prioritize multiple strategic and tactical options and drive issues to closure without compromising on quality.
- Proven ability to synthesize and communicate solutions to complex technical problems.
- Experienced with HW/FW architecture design, FW/SW requirements and SW servicing.
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/EE or equivalent experience
- Experience with hardware product lifecycles and firmware release lifecycles.
- Hands on experience driving FW/SW deliverables within SW/FW programs, including driving SW services
- Experience with Cloud Security & Compliance strategy and requirement creation. Hands on security compliance experience (e.g., Encryption in Transit, Encryption at Rest, TLS, etc.)
- Knowledge of building low-level SW to run on HW e.g., Firmware, BIOS, BMC, BSP, … etc.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Candidates have to maintain an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.