Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Application Innovation
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Azure business is a critical strategic monetization and growth lever for the company. This business consists of growing Azure consumption in both our customer base and acquiring new customers across both Microsoft and Open Source technologies.
The Azure Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for leading the Azure Go-To-Market strategy for their Area to deliver customer & partner success, resulting in revenue, growth and share outcomes for their Azure aligned Priorities. The PMM must develop strong partnerships across marketing, partner, services and sales to lead and execute the priorities.
Each Azure PMM leads the field business for their solution/motion and has overall responsibilities for enabling each Area teams’ success by:
- Lead the Azure business in alignment with other business owners;
- Empower Customers to Migrate & Innovate apps to the cloud and enable them to build skills and govern their cloud journey;
- Build and land growth plans to win and maximize the local market opportunity, based on the WW Azure priorities;
- Drive business outcomes by executing local Azure Go-To-Market plan to exceed business targets;
- Provide input on local integrated marketing plan development by providing business objectives to CMO IMMs;
- Build a comprehensive event plan, including locally required events, for the fiscal year to harmonize with CMO.
The PMM is required to have a strong understanding of their solution area and or motion, specifically at the 200-300 level, and a deep understanding of customer solutions and strategies and end-to-end market ecosystem. This role represents the relevant Azure solutions, within the subsidiary and is the subject matter expert, and is the market facing spokesperson. In addition, they must be able to articulate the local competitive landscape and develop local compete strategies and product differentiation by leveraging corporate and local research, partner insights and customer feedback.
US Marketing & Operations (USM&O) is the ‘Marketing and COO’ function for Microsoft United States (MSUS), also known as the US subsidiary. USM&O executes company strategy and priorities that enable us to achieve our business goals with a focus on B2B customer engagement by developing and executing on go-to-market programs (GTMs), Marketing Campaigns, and a Field Operating Model. Driving a common operating model across the US subsidiary ensures consistent, measurable execution and landing of priorities. Driving alignment with our internal corporate partners in organizations including Product Marketing, Marketing & Consumer Business (MCB), Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB), Engineering, and Field Leadership is also critical to our collective success, as is continuing to listen, learn and respond via rapid feedback loops.
Own and Land Your Propositions:
- Plan and execute activity that promotes Azure services to drive revenue growth; lead key product/services moments/activities/releases
- Maintain product knowledge and evangelize the product internally and externally to press, enthusiasts, influencers, sales (for pre-sales and consumption driving) customer and partner scenarios
- Act as the voice of the field by ensuring timely updates/feedback to corporate on Azure Priority execution and performance in Area/Subsidiary
- Orchestrate adoption and execution of relevant Azure specific sales plays to deliver ACR growth by leveraging MEI data, MSX- Content, and GearUp
- Own the local product marketing strategy in accordance with growth and bridge models. Use corporate guidance to align Azure Priorities and Programs & Investments
- Orchestrate the creation of local Azure GTM plans and investment decisions. Lead targeting for local market-owned activities, partner with segment/channel teams to prioritize investment decisions for non-product-marketing owned activities.
- Develop competitive strategies to drive target market share gains. Respond to new market, product, strategy dynamics
- Drive inclusive marketing through the development of approachable, representative, accessible, and localized marketing strategies and tactics.
- Monitor and understand Azure priority performance; orchestrate execution to deliver on business metrics related to the Rhythm of Connections (ROC) and course correct the GTM plans with the business owners to deliver results.
- Actively lead and engage with all stakeholders across the subsidiary for One Microsoft orchestration across sales, partner, marketing, and service
- Determine key insights and asks to accelerate adoption of Azure services, qualify inhibitors (with recommendations) to escalate to subsidiary LT and corporate
- Best Practice identification and sharing across the Area/Subsidiaries and with corporate to exponentially sale successful performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 5+ years experience in business
- OR Master's Degree in in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 3+ years experience in business
- OR equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with any of the following: driving and delivering marketing and partner programs; strategic product marketing; ISV audience marketing, product management; customer and market analysis; Go-to-Market strategy and execution; competitive market analysis and positioning; developing insights from market research; sales enablement and field support; building and executing marketing plans and strategies; or related
- Experience in cloud concepts, DevOps, CI/CD, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS business models
- Experience in cloud technologies, including Azure, AWS, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working with technology customers, ISVs, app developers and software providers
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Strong analytical skills
- Track record of strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Track record of strategic organizational impact and influence
- Track record of v-team accomplishments (cross boundary collaboration and interpersonal awareness)
- Exceptional leadership skills and team building, decision-making, conflict resolution, negotiation skills, and follow through
- Results driven; with exceptional presentation, verbal, and written communication
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $129,800 to $194,800
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.