Strategic Client Technology Lead - Financial Services US
Location: Chicago, Illinois, Irvine, California, Los Angeles, California
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a technology leader responsible for designing the strategy and architecture to drive digitalization and innovation agenda of our strategic global enterprise customer. You will act as an Innovation and Digital Transformation Thought Leader. With deep industry knowledge in the insurance sector, broad and deep technology skills and unparalleled business understanding, the Client Technology Lead starts with Innovation/Digital Transformation agenda of our customers, connects industry/business priorities to technology strategy and develops value propositions which align with our customer’s business strategies, leveraging the rich portfolio of Microsoft and its partner ecosystem.
We are seeking for someone to demonstrate deep understanding of digital transformation in Financial Services - Insurance Industry, knowledge of the markets in which this customer operates, and of Microsoft’s capability to help the customer drive their digital transformation by operating on CIO, CTO, CDO level.
You will also:
- Acts as the "virtual Chief Technical Officer (CTO)/Chief Digital Officer (CDO)" or "go-to" person in established, long-term relationships with technical decision makers (TDMs) and/or business decision makers (BDMs) at the Chief X Officer (CXO)-level.
- Provide analysis of overall customer needs for some of the largest and most complex accounts and advises on gaps that would benefit from Microsoft solutions, using an understanding of the business strategies and outcomes that technology can support.
- Orchestrate global teams to gather information, collaborate on performance markers, and identify potential risks in customer accounts. Brings in business and industry insights to address the broader business challenges for the customer and deliver solutions.
- Leverage a strong knowledge of Microsoft's product landscape, solutions, and strategy to address customer's needs.
- Act as the voice of the customer and internal advocate by providing insights, feedback, and challenges from the customer to internal teams across all levels of the organization.
- Contribute to the creation of trusted, long-term technical and business roadmaps for a strategic account based on a deep understanding of business and technology priorities.
- Lead industry and digital transformation acceleration with the account team, customer, and partner.
- Synthesize and combines various business and industry insights from their team, global best practices, proof points from experience/case studies, and deep industry expertise related to customers and their competitors to conduct forecasting and develop recommendations for managing accounts and subsidiary planning.
- Orchestrate internal teams and partner ecosystem to ensure sufficient technical resources for demand generation, when appropriate.
- Establish best practices and standards around account planning and review for aligning with quota attainment, consumption goals, and customer consumption gaps to inform quarterly and fiscal objectives.
- Lead customer technology engagement by motivating and inspiring technical resources of customer, partner, and Microsoft towards customer’s digital transformation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business or related field AND 7+ years technical consulting, technical consultative selling, practice building, or related technical/sales/industry experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Extensive experience working as a senior leader within the technology sector, either for a technology provider, consulting firm or in an in-house technology strategy role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technology and platform, project management, technical sales and technical account management.
- Experience in identifying and helping to realize additional opportunities for Cloud adoption.
- Deep understanding of digital transformation drivers, cloud platforms, emerging Cloud trends and their impact on customer opportunities.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with CXOs and building cloud consumption share.
- Technology solutions/practice development, Cloud/Infrastructure technologies required.
- Deep industry knowledge in financial services, insurance sector preferred
- Batchelor's or Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or other technical qualification, preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.