Principal Product Manager Lead
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
We are building the Intelligent Conversation and Communications Cloud (IC3). We power Microsoft’s first-party real-time conversation products, notably Skype and Teams with many millions of users, by providing reliable and high-quality audio and video calling, meetings, and chat services that work every time, from anywhere, on any device. And we expose our core capabilities to third-party partners, with which they can bring conversations to life in their own products. With IC3, we will enable customers to do more by making conversations on our platform more intelligent, surfacing useful information in real-time and taking actions on the customers’ behalf during the conversation. And, we will learn from each conversation. Every call, meeting, or chat will make the next one better.
Building and running services at scale for Microsoft 365 for hundreds of million consumer and enterprise users is very challenging, but it is a lot of fun and rewarding. We are looking for smart, passionate engineers at many levels to help us do just that to power and deliver on IC3 mission. This opportunity will allow you to make a broad positive impact across many critical IC3 domains such as chat, audio/video calling, meetings, service and data engineering, and service management.
We want you because you have an insatiable passion for technology, your constant intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn, your ability to communicate well in a team environment, your desire to make our team better with your contributions and of course your ability to deliver the right results at the right time.
- Lead a team of product managers to develop a strategy for audio/video experiences by analyzing and understanding current challenges
- Define goals and metrics for successfully by thinking deeply through the scenarios and translating that into specifications
- Closely work with the IC3 engineering team and collaborate with Microsoft Research to achieve these goals using new audio/video signal processing algorithms or machine learning models
- Represent the audio/video experiences area in discussions with our leadership team and our customers
- Leverage your superb interpersonal skills to collaborate and execute with a diverse team
- Work with marketing and PR teams to evangelize our audio/video experiences work
- Stay up to date on advances in signal processing and machine learning for audio/video and use those ideas to inspire and direct the team
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of experience in technical program management or related relevant experience
- 3+ years of technology experience with audio/video technologies preferably in the real-time communications industry either in development or program management
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated ability to come up-to-speed quickly on a new technical domain.
- Self-motivated and curious with a growth mindset, with the ability to structure complex problems and think creatively.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Standard Background Check
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.