Account Technology Strategist (Digital Natives/Education Industry)
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s US Education Team focuses on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience and revenue growth for Microsoft.
Microsoft believes that digital native Startups and Unicorns have the potential to change the world. These companies are transforming the way education is delivered. Microsoft Education together with our Digital Native partners provide schools with solutions, technologies, and education expertise to accelerate opportunities for all learners. With the Microsoft Cloud, we aspire to empower every Startup and Unicorn to innovate and scale on our platform, and to grow through our regional ecosystem of customers, developers, partners, and investors
As an Education Account Technology Strategist, you will have the opportunity to drive digital technology in partnership with your customer, to achieve both Microsoft and customer business outcomes. Partnered with an Account Executive, jointly lead a sales territory for a set of Enterprise customers, driving hyperscale cloud growth in an ecosystem of startups, innovators, partners, and funders. Orchestrate a small, custom team that is largely focused on cloud consumption growth. Problem solve for your customer by connecting directly with Customer Success, Engineering, and MSFT Research where relevant.
With a proven history of innovating technical solutions to achieve customers’ business transformation and achieving account growth targets, this role will give the opportunity to combine your technology and industry knowledge to deliver on digital solutions to accelerate your customer’s digital vision.
Our customers look for innovative partners who can take their industry & business priorities and envision technology solutions to address those priorities. They look for trusted advisors to understand their business challenges at a strategic level to build the strategy and plan covering customer-specific, cross-solution technology architecture and solution roadmaps corresponding to their specific business processes/priorities. Once business priorities and desired outcomes are translated into technological capabilities, they look for technology leaders to orchestrate cross-solution area resources and partners in their digital transformation and innovation journey.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Technology Sales Leadership – Lead technology thought leadership and technology sales activities to drive the customer’s digital transformation vision and roadmap with Microsoft. Orchestrate the extended team, leading customer joint envisioning sessions, to bring the best of Microsoft technology to help customer achieve their digital goals.
- Digital Transformation Strategy – Own the relationship with C-level technology/innovation executives at your client and build relationships with business leaders to achieve their business and technology outcomes. Understand the customer’s business goals, solution areas, and partner solutions to build a technology roadmap, enabling the customer’s innovation agenda with utilitization of our Microsoft technologies.
- Industry Knowledge – With deep industry knowledge, experience with Startups and Unicorns, and unparalleled business acumen, the Digital Native AE develops value propositions that align with our customer’s business strategies on digital transformation and cloud adoption, leveraging the rich portfolio of Microsoft and its partner ecosystem. We are looking for you to demonstrate deep expertise in our customers’ industry and businesses, knowledge of the markets in which each customer operates, and champion Microsoft’s ability to help the customer drive their digital transformation.
- Drive Azure hyperscale cloud growth by leading customer technical demonstrations as part of the sales process, leveraging the familiarity with Microsoft App Innovation portfolio (Azure App Platform, PowerApps, GitHub/DevOps and Visual Studio) as one of the fastest growing businesses inside the Azure cloud.
- 2+ years of strategic business development in Startup/Unicorn ecosystems of innovators, incubators, funders, focused on “born-in-the-cloud” enterprises or 5+ years of experience driving digital transformation or cloud consumption
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 4+ years technical consulting, technical consultative selling, business consulting, practice building, or related technical/sales experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 3+ year(s) experience with cloud and hybrid, or on premises infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, industry standards, and/or technology management.
- Certification in relevant technologies or disciplines (e.g. Azure Architect and Development exams, Cloud Platform Technologies, Information Security, Architecture)
- OR equivalent certifications in a competitors cloud
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.