Account Executive (Digital Natives/Education Industry)
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Education Team focuses on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience and revenue growth for Microsoft.
Microsoft believes that digital native Startups and Unicorns have the potential to change the world. These companies are transforming the way education is delivered. Microsoft Education together with our Digital Native partners provide schools with solutions, technologies, and education expertise to accelerate opportunities for all learners. With the Microsoft Cloud, we aspire to empower every Startup and Unicorn to innovate and scale on our platform, and to grow through our regional ecosystem of customers, developers, partners, and investors
As an Education Account Manager, you will have the opportunity to drive digital technology in partnership with your customer, to achieve both Microsoft and customer business outcomes. Leveraging your large, multi-functional team across the breadth of the Microsoft product portfolio, engage at the most senior levels of your customer bring industry-relevant solutions to help the customer adopt and embrace digital technologies.
With a proven history of driving growth in market share, achieving sales targets, customer obsession, and partner collaboration, this role will give the opportunity to leverage your extensive customer network and sales experience to execute against a territory account plan.
Be part of a dynamic, world-class community that will enable you to learn, collaborate, and contribute with the top minds in the industry. As the Digital Native Account Executive, you will bring your experience in innovation or startup/Unicorn ecosystem environments and familiarity with funding models, higher education innovation models & patents, and government/economic development programs.
With the support of deep Azure technical specialists in the immediate team, the role will drive growth of your Startup & Unicorn Enterprise customers in MS Cloud, including facilitating direct linkages to MSFT Research and Engineering where relevant.
Your expertise in understanding and addressing the business value of the MS cloud platform portfolio and a firm understanding of MS strategies and products to MS major competitors will make you successful in this role. Your ability to work with your customers in creating a joint vision of their business strategy to help build, grow, and mature their business with MS as a key partner.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Account Management – Develops and oversees the execution of account plan(s) to ensure Microsoft revenue targets and customer business outcomes are met. Engages with internal and external stakeholders on business planning, to promote mutually beneficial customer digital transformation strategies.
- Customer Engagement – Proactively develops a strong understanding of the customer’s industry priorities and presents Microsoft solutions based on customer insights. Advocates on behalf of the customer internally, ensuring requests and needs of assigned accounts are being addressed.
- Sales Excellence – Leads and orchestrates extended virtual teams in each area of product set to consistently achieve growth in market share.
- Industry Knowledge – With deep industry knowledge, experience with Startups and Unicorns, and unparalleled business acumen, the Digital Native AE develops value propositions that align with our customer’s business strategies on digital transformation and cloud adoption, leveraging the rich portfolio of Microsoft and its partner ecosystem. We are looking for you to demonstrate deep expertise in our customers’ industry and businesses, knowledge of the markets in which each customer operates, and champion Microsoft’s ability to help the customer drive their digital transformation.
- 2+ years of strategic business development in Startup/Unicorn ecosystems of innovators, incubators, funders, focused on “born-in-the-cloud” enterprises or 2+ years of experience driving digital transformation or cloud consumption
- 2+ years experience working in an industry (e.g., Government, Education), driving digital transformation, and/or relevant work experience (e.g., consulting, technology)
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business, Technology, or related field AND 3+ years of experience working in a relevant industry (e.g., Healthcare, Government, Education, Manufacturing, Automotive, Retail), driving digital transformation, and/or relevant work experience (e.g., consulting, technology)
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration Degree AND 2+ years experience working in an industry (e.g., Government, Education), driving digital transformation, and/or relevant work experience (e.g., consulting, technology).
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- 3+ year(s) experience with cloud and hybrid, or on premises infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, industry standards, and/or technology management.
- Familiarity with funding models, higher education innovation models & patents, and government/economic development programs would be an asset
- 3+ years account management experience
- OR equivalent.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.