Customer Proof Asset Editorial Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you passionate about helping commercial customers make informed technology purchasing decisions? Do you have a high bar for delivering customers with effective and efficient customer case studies, video testimonials, and other high-impact customer proof assets? Do you thrive in leveraging research and analysis to help others to create amazing work? If so, this role could be for you. This is a newly created role within Microsoft’s Global Demand Center. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to develop a new editorial process to help customer proof assets creators land their content via Microsoft’s digital channels. Although the ideation, development, and output of customer proof assets is driven by the evidence creators and product marketing teams, the Customer Proof Asset Editorial Manager supports the organization by creating content governance criteria and educating stakeholders on best practices.
- Serve as our internal subject matter expert in customer proof best practices (asset type, format, digital delivery, etc.) and continuously survey the internal and external landscape to help us innovate and re-define best practices.
- Run a weekly Customer Asset Editorial Calendar meeting and collaborate with corporate evidence creators and ensure open lines of communication related to key event or announcement content.
- Manage the Microsoft customer stories website editorial calendar across our commercial portfolio (Microsoft Azure, Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365, Power Platform, and Security) for content created by corporate and regional customer proof assets creators.
- Manage the editorial calendar of a newly created digital asset management that will host other customer proof content and relevant documentation.
- Manage a group of worldwide vendors (four to five).
- Review submitted customer proof assets against established editorial guidelines, best practices, and other standards and policies.
- Partner with product marketing, sales, content strategists and others to develop and continuously update the customer proof asset playbook.
- Oversee the editorial governance for the Customer Stories website, including post-publication content edits, content retirement, etc.
- Deliver monthly performance reporting and provide observations and recommendations for content creators to inform continuous improvement and investment decisions and serve as a subject matter expert in content performance.
- Partner with the Customer Asset Tool manager to ensure technology stack and functionality meets editorial needs.
- Helping others be great by:
- Supporting earlier-in-career team members in their career journey.
- Showing up with a desire to help.
- Providing timely and constructive feedback.
- Living the Microsoft culture principles, values, and leadership principles.
- Bringing your whole self to work.
Since this is a new role, you will have the opportunity to further define your responsibilities once you identify the best ways to drive impact. This role is closely connected to the sales process, with a front row seat looking at what motivates customers during the buying journey. Key skill development will include mobilizing cross-functional teams to achieve shared business outcomes, deeply understanding customers and the tools needed to motivate decision making and the power of peer networks in a commercial business environment.
- Strong understanding of the B2B technology decision-making journey and the BDM and TDM information needs.
- Seasoned commercial technology storyteller with a point-of-view of how to stand out from our competitors’ customer story approach. You think outside the box.
- Digital savviness and understanding of the way customer proof content is consumed across the web, social, etc. You see factors that others may not see.
- Expert bridge builder with the ability to break down silos that prevent clarity on shared missions and learnings. One Dream. One Team.
- Skilled at creating at scale workflow models, processes, and KPIs and drive towards consistent execution.
- Excellent vendor manager with the ability to energize people, set clear objectives, and provide timely and direct feedback that help people focus their energies on driving impact. You see the potential in others.
- Experience with program performance tracking and communications.
- Creative problem-solving skills, and a growth mindset approach.
- 6 to 8 years of relevant experience in marketing, sales, or public relations.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.