Viva New Modules Principal Software Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
What is Viva?
Microsoft is embarking on a new effort to address the growing needs of employees around the world. We are building a product suite designed to address the fundamental shift in how people work, build their career, and find meaning in their workplace.
Employee engagement is undergoing a fundamental shift in response to economic, demographic, and societal changes. People want to be excited about their work, be connected to their company culture, understand how to succeed, and feel supported across a spectrum of onboarding, skilling, coaching and mentoring. Our team is dedicated to examining the employee journey and delivering software and services to make it better.
We are on the pursuit to reimagine Employee Experiences through new Viva Modules. We run as a start-up, encouraging team members to share a sense of “founderism.” Team members engage directly with customers, iterate rapidly, and focus on solving the needs of employees around the world. Our culture is inclusive, casual, and high energy. Our team celebrates diverse backgrounds, and values passion for serving our customers. Our team has a strong sense of accountability and provides its members with opportunities for learning and career growth.
We are seeking an experienced Principal software engineer to architect and build scalable and performant web applications using engineering best practices. You will work closely with other engineers, managers, product, design, and operations teams to create new solutions and improve existing products and features. You will drive engineering and operational excellence for Viva New Modules. You will collaborate with other engineers to surface common pain points, develop solutions, and evangelize best practices. You will also support, mentor, and help other engineers in the team.
#EXP #EXPJobs #MicrosoftViva
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional, and organizationally critical programs.
- Drive long-term design thinking for systems and engineering processes with simplicity and maintainability as core tenets.
- Partner and work collaboratively with people across Product, Design, and Engineering teams spanning across geographies to deliver complex, large-scale experiences.
- Optimize code for best performance and accessibility.
- Propose and implement robust, scalable, performant, and maintainable solutions that are tested, reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Be a role model for an open, honest, and inclusive approach to problem solving.
- Mentor and develop engineers across all levels through sharing and learning.
- 10+ years of demonstratable software development experience.
- 5+ years of experience with C#
- Proven track record architecting and developing robust and extensible solutions.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment and a high level of ambiguity.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent field experience
- Deep technical experience building and running scalable, secure cloud applications and services for enterprise customers
- Experience at many layers of the tech stack (native, web, service, UX, model, data, integration, mobile)
- Track record of operational excellence with a focus on privacy, security and operational health
- Experience with existing M365 foundational technologies
- Excellent verbal, written and cross-group collaboration and communication skills
- Experience working with distributed systems/microservices architectures
- Strong project management, communication, and leadership skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.