Product Manager II
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
Are you excited about solving difficult supply chain and operations management problems with software solutions in a critical area for Microsoft? Are you passionate about deeply understanding your customers and competition to build your product strategy and roadmap? Do you like to dig deeper into quantitative and qualitative data to identify and prioritize new product capabilities? Are you excited about championing your product roadmap and customer value to various audiences? If so, we may have a terrific opportunity for you.
Microsoft’s Capacity, Supply Chain, and Provisioning (CSCP) organization is an exciting and fast-evolving engineering group within Microsoft. Our mission is to deliver Capacity for all Cloud Services Predictably through Intelligent Systems driven by Continuous Learning and a World Class Organization. We have an exciting opportunity in the CSCP Product Management team for a proven Product Manager to help the next-generation systems that will help us predictably deliver customer capacity on time while optimizing investments Microsoft is making into cloud services.
- Plan, facilitate, and communicate product strategy, scoping, and customer adoption.
- Arrive at sound decisions that generate results, use data and other inputs to make decisions, and take accountability for work using strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Identify critical data and telemetry required to optimize the product functionality and work with engineering teams to grow the required data footprint.
- Define success metrics to track improvement around customer pain points and common failures.
- Create and prioritize the engineering roadmap in accordance with engineering resource allocation and drive against the commitments.
- Lead a group of brilliant engineers on the execution of the product roadmap.
- Assess and communicate project progress across stakeholder groups.
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science or Quantitative fields.
- 3+ years experience product/service or software development.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically to build products to delight customers.
- Driving, soft-skills, creative, and working with Stakeholders successfully.
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining cross-team relationships and collaboration.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.