Business Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
We are looking for a Business Program Manager who will report to Chief of Staff (CoS) for CSCP. This candidate will partner closely with stakeholders throughout the hiring process to achieve our ambitious organizational growth. This position requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels, strong financial acumen, excellent communication skills, and a passion for people. If you have an affinity for a rapidly evolving environment and want to be on the front lines of some of the most demanding and high priority efforts in the company, then we want to talk to you.
- Demonstrate discretion and professionalism when working with leadership team on sensitive business and organizational issues
- Collaborate with other CSCP office members on cross-functional initiatives
- Track performance against budget & headcount goals & identify potential risks & opportunities
- Optimize hiring process, gathering support from necessary stakeholders
- Execute reports with meaningful analysis to enable organization to operate effectively
- Support Finance Program Manager in management of end-to-end planning & budget process
- Manage & drive special projects as needed
- Work closely with finance, recruiting, and business counterparts across the company as a trusted partner
- 5+ years of program management experience
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Self-starter with strong financial and analytical skills
- Proven track record in project and business management
- Experience leading and executing projects in a complex organizational environment and work on several diverse projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS forms
- Ability to influence and drive results at multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to excel in an ambiguous environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain good judgement in fast-paced, high-stress environments
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.