Cloud Solution Architect - Engineering (Exchange)
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, Houston, Texas, Issaquah, Washington, Los Angeles, California, Orlando, Florida, Redmond, Washington, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Do you have a passion for Exchange Server & Exchange Online and using best-in-class tools created by Microsoft? Are you looking for a role where you can interact directly with large enterprise customers to stabilize and optimize their end-to-end messaging solution? Do you want to join one of Microsoft's fastest growing businesses? If so, we are looking for you!
Support for Mission Critical is a team within Microsoft that provides solution-specific expertise designed to drive peak health and optimum performance of a customer’s most important solutions. As a key technical resource for the customer, you will be primarily focused on delivering proactive services such as education workshops, delivering assessments, and providing tailored guidance. Troubleshooting skills are essential as this role will include working with Microsoft Support to expedite incident resolution.
- Planning and delivering proactive and reactive support including onsite presence as needed (post Covid restrictions).
- You will work with a larger customer account team to strengthen customer relationships and to work on mobile-first cloud-first strategies that allow you to develop an immediate and long-term services delivery plan for reactive and proactive needs.
- You will Identify and manage customer goals and SfMC opportunities across Exchange Server & Exchange Online to improve the quality, consumption, and health of the customer’s messaging solution.
- You will drive and participate in proactive delivery management as well as spot performance issues, analyze problems, and drive activities focused on stabilizing and optimizing your customer’s solution.
- You will work with internal Microsoft support teams, account teams, product engineering and service engineering teams and other stakeholders to ensure a streamlined and efficient customer support experience.
- You will apply and share lessons learned for continuous process and delivery improvement for the customer and peers.
- You will engage in meetings with your customers and account teams to review Support for Mission Critical services, customer support issues, and articulate your service delivery plans.
- You will share and gain knowledge through technical communities.
- You will contribute to on-call rotations to ensure a high quality of service for the critical incidents created by Support for Mission Critical customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 4+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting OR equivalent experience
- 3+ Years of Exchange Server & Exchange Online related experience with demonstrable technical depth and troubleshooting experience in two or more of the following:
3+ years of experience working with Enterprise customers in any of the following: providing customer technical readiness, delivery support services, technical support, solution development, account management; technical requirements gathering; broad evangelism through events (presentation skills) or related
- Exchange Server & Exchange Online
- Exchange Server 2013, 2016, 2019
- ClientAccess, Database/DAG, Transport, ManagedAvailability, , AutoDiscover, etc.
- Exchange Online (EXO) & Exchange Online Protection (EOP)
- Connectors, Mailflow, Client Authentication, OrgRelationships, OAuth, Scripting, etc.
- Exchange Hybrid Configuration and Migration to EXO
- HCW, Connectors, MigrationEndpoints, MRSProxy, CMT, etc.
- Azure AD / Azure AD Connect
- Hybrid Identity, Directory Synchronization, Intune, ConditionalAccess, MFA, etc.
- Authentication and Authorization for Exchange Server and Exchange Online
- Federated Auth, PassThroughAuth, ModernAuth, BasicAuth, etc.
- Office 365 / Microsoft 365 Tenant Administration
- Security/Compliance Portals, PowerShell Administration, etc.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 8+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 6+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience working in a customer-facing role (e.g., internal and/or external)
- 4+ years experience working on technical projects
- Technical Certification in Cloud (e.g., Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google, security certifications)
- Must have outstanding customer service skills with excellent oral and writen communication skills as well as experience providing training to peers or customers
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and leadership skills while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, engineers, developers, and architects as well as executives and management professionals in both customer and Microsoft teams
- Must have experience leading and driving projects as well as motivating others.
- Must be self motivated, resourceful and able to handle multiple responsibilities as a Microsoft Cloud Solution Architect - Engineering and Support for Mission Critical professional
- Need to demonstrate the ability to develop strong strategic customer relationships that gain the trust and respect of customers
- Need the ability to handle critical technical issues and work in difficult support situations
- Need a proven ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations with exasperated customers
- Need a Certification in Microsoft Exchange and/or Office 365 or Cloud/Security technologies
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $119,000 - 178,800 USD
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.