Supply Chain: Full Time Opportunities for University Graduates
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Every year, we welcome thousands of university graduates from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond. Learn more about our cultural attributes
Those hired into this role are invited to participate in Microsoft Aspire Experience, a two-year learning and development experience where you'll build your network, cultivate intentional capabilities and gain perspective into the career opportunities across Microsoft’s many exciting businesses.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Builds support plans and designs service experiences for new products, programs, or offerings. Critically reviews new support scenarios to identify potential incidents/risks and their mitigation; determines if new plans are necessary to support offerings and opportunities or if plans should be removed. Analyzes experience feedback and monitors key performance indicators to improve the customer experience, increase return on investment, and identify new opportunities.
Applicants will also be considered for Supply Planning roles in Supply Chain Operations Rotation Experience (SCORE), a Cloud Supply Chain Rotation Program designed for early in career, future supply chain professionals. The program is comprised of three, one-year rotations across key organizational pillars. Each of the three rotations will provide a diverse set of experiences and opportunities for meaningful contribution to the business. The Capacity Supply Chain and Provisioning (CSCP) group is responsible for planning, delivery and provisioning of all data centers globally powering Microsoft Cloud properties.
- Executes on forward or reverse supply plans provided. Performs tactical elements of supply plan, including understanding the part level gaps between demand and supply. Manages programs with low complexity and/or receives direct guidance.
- Uses tools and processes for managing supply and driving improvements to avoid additional labor needs, while gaining a foundational understanding of these tools and processes.
- Conducts analysis and gathers information for ""what-if"" scenarios impacting supply and demand management for forward and reverse planning.
- Reworks/refurbishes finished goods, executing mitigation solutions for goods, and redeploys them in another area, when applicable.
- Assists with the review of staffing, capacity, bills of materials, and change orders. Tracks metrics related to operational performance of suppliers.
- Currently pursuing or have completed a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain/Operations Management, Supply Chain Analytics, or related field.
- Experience with global materials life-cycle management (development, launch, sustaining and end of life) and start-up/shut-down process management preferred.
- Experience with enterprise resource planning, material management systems and implementations a plus.
- Ability to analyze, explain, and draw conclusions based on complex data from multiple content areas.
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.