Senior Program Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Boston, Massachusetts, Garden City, New York, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, Sunnyvale, California
Job Type: Full time
This role will help evolve our Supplier sustainability program, aligning suppliers to meet our sustainability goals, and will engage with stakeholders across our world class supply chain organization.
Microsoft’s Cloud Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) business unit is responsible for key aspects of the cloud supply chain, from planning and execution to capacity provisioning, decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide. CSCP also has responsibility for managing and executing the cloud sustainability strategy, ensuring that the cloud supply chain is continually optimized to support Microsoft’s environmental goals for a sustainable future.
As Microsoft scales to become the global leader in cloud deployments and services, we are embedding sustainability across the product lifecycle by deeply understanding the sustainability impact of our supply chain and cloud hardware underpinning this growth. With a science and data centric approach we want to lead the industry and deploy supplier sustainability initiatives to enable supply chain transformations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Bring carbon accounting experience with a understanding of GhG Protocol, Environmentally Extended Input Output (EEIO) models or process-based life cycle assessments or CDP disclosure platform or other GhG information exchanged with MS suppliers.
- Manage cadence of internal and external supplier engagement program to enable suppliers to meet Microsoft’s ambitious environmental goal. This includes driving communication plans to inform stakeholders, enable supplier disclosures, and build supplier capabilities.
- Develop content for 1-1 supplier’s ongoing meetings. Ensure supplier data is maintained and monitor mailbox and responding to all supplier inquiries.
- Drive initiative working with data scientist, engineer teams, and other groups to automate and improve quality of data. Drive quality improvements on internal and supplier-provided data working with various groups to reconcile data sets.
- Manage ongoing internal/external emissions approval process to ensure stakeholders are aligned on performance.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders including Microsoft supply chain teams to align commitments and realize cross-program synergies and impacts.
- Drive initiative to integrate Supplier Engagement program deeply into key stakeholder’s tools and processes.
Required skills and qualifications:
Bachelor of Science (master’s preferred) in sustainability, supply chain, or similar field
7+ years’ experience working in corporate sustainability, Program Management, Supply chain.
Understanding of sustainability methodologies including GhG Protocol, Environmentally Extended Input Output (EEIO) models, or process-based life cycle assessments, or CDP Disclosure platform.
Demonstrable program management skills, including ability to direct multiple programs with strong organizational skills.
Strong communication skills, with track record of working with senior leadership in a business to business context. Ability to navigate and achieve positive outcomes in an ambiguous context.
Ability to think strategically while completing day-to-day execution
Strong Information Processing skills, including understanding of data sets and proficiency in MS Excel
Preferred skills and qualifications:
7+ years’ technical and analytical experience in the context of corporate sustainability, supply chains and sustainability
Ability to work independently when required, and as part of a team
Proven ability to write white papers, and detailed process documentation
Experience with the ICT sector
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.