Government Cloud Product Marketing Manager
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Azure is a rapidly growing business that is central to the Microsoft Cloud Platform and the company’s overall success. The Azure Business Group’s mission is to help organizations realize value from Azure and maximize customer satisfaction, support business outcomes, and grow consumption and acquisition across our US customer base.
Microsoft’s US Marketing & Operations (USM&O) is seeking an Azure Product Marketing Manager (PMM), who will be responsible for leading the Azure Go-To-Market strategy for their Area to deliver customer & partner success, resulting in revenue, growth and share outcomes for their Azure aligned Priorities. The PMM must develop strong partnerships across marketing, partner, services and sales to lead and execute the priorities.
US Marketing & Operations (USM&O) is the ‘Marketing and COO’ function for Microsoft United States (MSUS), also known as the US subsidiary. USM&O executes company strategy and priorities that enable us to achieve our business goals with a focus on B2B customer engagement by developing and executing on go-to-market programs (GTMs), Marketing Campaigns, and a Field Operating Model. Driving a common operating model across the US subsidiary ensures consistent, measurable execution and landing of priorities. Driving alignment with our internal corporate partners in organizations including Product Marketing, Marketing & Consumer Business (MCB), Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB), Engineering, and Field Leadership is also critical to our collective success, as is continuing to listen, learn and respond via rapid feedback loops.
Analysis of Customer and Market Signals
- Leads and coaches others, compiling, and evaluating market intelligence to identify opportunities and define strategies for customer acquisition, adoption, and renewal of a product and/or solution. Determines areas of market research. Creates deep collaboration and trusting relationships with customers, partners, and the field to understand customer needs and identify investment priorities. Proactively designs how the team approaches research. Understands competitor strengths, weaknesses, Microsoft’s competitive positioning, and anticipates the business implications and problems solves to reduce risk and ensure that Microsoft is ahead of the market and priority competitors. Provides subject matter expertise when developing insights from market or user research, competitive analyses, and market and industry trends to drive Microsoft’s Go-to-Market strategies and create a differentiated value proposition that aligns with customer goals. Partners with leaders to capitalize on opportunities and mitigate risks. Obtains and synthesizes direct and indirect customer feedback, validation, and experience.
Product Vision and Strategy
- Contributes to or influences the long-term vision and strategy for a broad set of products and/or solutions based on a deep understanding of customer needs, market and user research, competitive landscape, and Microsoft’s business goals and strategy. Distills the vision and strategy of the product and/or solution into a product roadmap. Knows the roadmap's impact and defines the metrics that capture the market and customer engagement opportunity. Prioritizes investments and resources to execute the vision. Proactively influence Business Planning, Branding, and SWE partners in delivering the right product experience in alignment with defined direction. Holds teams accountable and gives clarity on the impact of product decisions or changes.
- Leads the team to provide expertise when identifying and directing marketing strategies for customer acquisition, adoption, customer advocacy, and renewal of a product and/or a solution. Leads and mentors others to identify impact metrics, target customers, define and execute the strategy for the end-to-end customer journey, and create user stories and scenarios to convey the big picture. Creates and leads partnerships with multiple matrixed teams to define and develop Go-to-Market strategies (e.g., landing pages, product overviews) to deliver customer and partner success, resulting in revenue, growth, and share outcomes. Defines success criteria and performance metrics, such as Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); tracks performance against success metrics and proactively acts on performance. Builds the strategy and partners to land revenue or engagement growth priorities/monetization strategies, plans, and metrics in partnership with Product Management, Sales, and Business Development. Manages and measures collaboration to land these with Sales and channel teams. Leads the engagement plan to interact with customers and partners via various channels. Demonstrates the product in a one-to-many environment and/or present at larger industry and partner events.
- Develops strong partnerships and becomes a trusted advisor (e.g., with Marketing, Partner, SWE, Design, Services, Sales) to lead and deliver differentiated customer value and company growth. Drives initiatives and programs across teams to improve organizational goals. Shares demonstrated best practices to relevant stakeholder to improve product marketing and business performance. Drives impact through other teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related field AND 6+ years of experience in marketing, product marketing, product management
- OR Master's Degree in Marketing, Business or related field AND 4+ years of experience in marketing, product marketing, product management
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with any of the following: drive marketing and partner programs; product marketing; business planning; product management; customer and market analysis; Go-to-Market strategy and execution; competitive market analysis and positioning; organize and drive product roadmaps; develop insights from market research; sales enablement and field support; build and execute marketing plans and strategies; or related.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with ITAR, CMMC and other government compliance regulations or certifications.
- Ability to secure a Top-Secret clearance to participate in Classified/ Secret and Top-Secret conversation with our DiB customer base that maintains multiple SCIF’s based on various mission system requirements.
- Experience with US and/or international Defense Industry regulations
- Prepare supporting documentation such as manager and employee communications, FAQs, and standard operating processes.
- Consult with global technology, legal, operations, trade, IT, and information security policy, process, and system owners.
- Experience working in a global, large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
- Consult on the development of business requirements for new/existing system implementations and enhancements.
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Strong analytical skills to analyze business performance, identify market opportunity and develop useful insights from data
- Ability to influence without authority, collaborate effectively, and lead virtual teams
- Effective communicator, skilled presenter & growth minded interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous business situations; be open to acting quickly and iterating
- Track record of strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $148,000 to $222,000.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic lif e insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.