WW Digital & Application Innovation Partner Sales Strategy Lead
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of the Microsoft cloud solutions and services, to support our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As a global leader on the corporate team with a perspective across the Azure App Innovation, you’ll be a critical and visible leader internally and externally and will have the opportunity to influence and work with many of the most senior leaders in the business.
We’re looking for an exceptional leader and cross-team collaborator to partner with stakeholders to drive growth globally in Azure Integration sales & consumption. Primarily centered on the objective of meeting and exceeding our revenue and scorecard targets for Azure Consumption, this role includes holistically owning the Azure App Innovation Partner sales execution strategy. This entails developing priority enterprise and scale motions with executable go-to-market initiatives coupled with field role design, coverage, capacity, compensation, and sales offers including the end-to-end Go-To-Market frameworks.
As the Worldwide Digital & Application Innovation Partner Sales Strategy Lead, you’ll partner closely with stakeholders including senior leaders in the Product Group, Business Group (BG), Global Partner Solutions (GPS), Customer Success, as well as Small, Medium, & Corporate (SMC) business units to shape & execute global Digital and Application Innovation sales motions.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Strategy Development & Evolution: Leverage Microsoft platform and competitive industry knowledge to align GSI/SI/ISV in partnership with Engineering, Product Marketing, Services and Partner teams to create a multi-year strategic roadmap of field sales strategy and high value sales motions and customer offerings
- Lead Change Management Efforts: Develop strategies and land partner execution motions to effectively scale existing and introduce new sales model concepts across Microsoft Strategic and Enterprise customer segments and Partner/Channel communities
- Control and Monitor Results: Analyze sales outcome and customer feedback to drive continuous improvement to drive sustainable revenue and consumption growth
- Closed Feedback Loop: Facilitation and delivery of closed feedback loop with key executive sponsors and cross-organizational partners including Engineering, Product Marketing, WW STU/Customer Success, Inside Sales, GPS, Services
- Field Connection & Immersion: Establish field relationships and ongoing engagement to formalize connection channels, listening systems, escalation management, and field council.
- Field Landing & Readiness: Partner with Readiness leads to ensure successful rollout across the world to help land sales initiatives, GTMs, and readiness plans. Includes as appropriate engagement in virtual training, Executive meetings, field readiness events, etc.
- Best Practice Sharing: Partner with internal stakeholders and business sponsors to maximize sales synergy via knowledge transfer and best practices sharing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years experience in business consulting, sales, sales operations, information technology (IT), account management, business development, marketing, IT field sales, or a related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- 6+ years experience in in Near Term Strategy (2 years out), Management Consulting, Sales, or Finance.
- At least 10+ years of management consulting experience (or equivalent) and 5+ years of Enterprise in partner management roles in any GSI/SI and ISV companies
- Preferable 2+ years of experience with cloud providers AWS, Google, SalesForce etc. in partner enablement roles
- Strong understanding of the customer segments, industry verticals, and their corresponding sales engines with demonstrated success in driving revenue growth in new business models
- Strategic thinker able to identify opportunities and alternatives while influencing a large team to execute on them (with demonstrated results)
- Proven track record of working at senior levels across Microsoft, Partners and/or Customers
- Highly adaptable, and strong collaborator, fierce advocate, and influencer
- Strong communication, community and program management skills and experience
- Experience of designing, building, and executing highly successful global programs and strategy at scale
- Partner management, product marketing and/or field sales experience within Microsoft is a plus.
- Autonomous, results driven as well as strong team player with capability to influence cross group agendas (including at an executive level) while driving non-reporting teams to perform.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; MS / MBA a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.