WW Digital & Application Innovation Industry GTM Strategy Lead
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of the Microsoft cloud solutions and services, to support our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As a global leader on the corporate team with a perspective across the Industry and Cloud, you will be a critical and visible leader internally and externally and will have the opportunity to influence and work with many of the most senior leaders in the business.
We are looking for an Industry GTM Strategy lead to enable App Innovation solution area with to Develop, land, & Orchestrate Industry solution selling capabilities across Application Innovation specialists and partners, collaborating with Data& AI (artificial intelligence) solutions area, marketing, and industry teams to influence and drive leadership towards our business priorities. If you are a hands-on leader, execution driver, and cross-team collaborator, we want you to join the Digital and App Innovation team!!!
As the Worldwide Digital & Application Innovation Industry GTM Strategy Lead, you will partner closely with stakeholders including senior leaders in the Product Group, Industry & Partner sales, Business Group (BG), Customer Success, as well as Small, Medium, & Corporate (SMC) business units to shape & execute global Digital and Application Innovation sales motions.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Strategy Development & Evolution: Leverage your industry knowledge, partner with Engineering, Product Marketing, Services and Partner teams to create an industry centric high value sales motion.
- Develop Industry Assets for Priority sales motions: Plan and Orchestrate development of our Industry IP, such as Enablement materials, Demos and Solution Accelerators. Work across organizations to obtain buy-in and sign-off Industry assets for each priority scenario based on the customer perspective and guidance received through the App Innovation field members.
- Control and Monitor Results: Analyze sales outcome and customer feedback to drive continuous improvement to drive sustainable revenue and consumption growth to drive performance analysis at the industry level
- Closed Feedback Loop: Understand the different Industry dynamics, technological transformation challenges, and customer trends, to provide insight to the organization including Engineering, Product Marketing, WW STU/Customer Success, Inside Sales, GPS (Global Partner Solutions), Services
- Field Connection & Immersion: Establish field relationships and ongoing engagement to formalize connection channels, listening systems, escalation management, and field council.
- Field Landing & Readiness: Partner with Readiness leads to ensure successful rollout across the world to help land sales initiatives, GTMs (go-to-market strategy), and readiness plans. Includes as appropriate engagement in virtual training, Executive meetings, field readiness events, etc.
- Best Practice Sharing: Partner with internal stakeholders and business sponsors to maximize sales cooperation via knowledge transfer and best practices sharing. Present at internal events and training programs as subject matter expert on Industry scenarios related to Digital and App Innovation solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years experience in business consulting, sales, sales operations, information technology (IT), account management, business development, marketing, IT field sales, or a related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- 6+ years experience in in Near Term Strategy (2 years out), Management Consulting, Sales, or Finance.
- At least 10+ years of Industry GTM or Marketing experience (or equivalent) and 5+ years of Enterprise sales or strategy experience in cloud (applications and data) within specific industry.
- Strong understanding of the customer segments, industry verticals, and their corresponding sales engines with demonstrated success in driving revenue growth in new business models
- Strategic thinker able to identify opportunities and alternatives while influencing a large team to execute on them (with demonstrated results)
- Proven record of accomplishment of working at senior levels across Microsoft, Partners and/or Customers
- Highly adaptable, and strong collaborator, fierce advocate, and influencer
- Persuasive communication, community and program management skills and experience
- Experience of designing, building, and executing phenomenally successful global programs and strategy at scale
- Partner management, product marketing and/or field sales experience within Microsoft is a plus.
- Autonomous, results driven as well as strong team player with demonstrate the ability to influence cross group agendas (including at an executive level) while driving non-reporting teams to perform.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; MS (Management System) / MBA (Master of Business Administration) (Master of Business Administration) a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.