WW Digital & Application Innovation Sales Lead
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of the Microsoft cloud solutions and services, to support our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. To help drive this effort, Microsoft is investing in deepening our technical, sales and partner aptitude in Digital and Application Innovation that will play a key role in helping Microsoft customers achieve this digital transformation through successful adoption of Microsoft Application Innovation solutions.
We’re looking for an exceptional sales leader and cross-team collaborator to partner with stakeholders to optimize global Application Innovation Sales. Primarily centered on the objective of meeting and exceeding our revenue and scorecard targets for Application Innovation, this role inacludes owning global sales insights, sales patterns analysis (deal inhibitors & sales enablers), issue resolution management and communication, business/product group alignment, and ultimately enabling our priority field & partner sales motions to compete and win.
As the Worldwide Digital & Application Innovation Power Apps Sales Lead, you’ll partner closely with stakeholders including senior leaders in the Product Group, Business Group (BG), Global Partner Solutions (GPS), Customer Success, as well as Small, Medium, & Corporate (SMC) business units to shape & execute global Digital and Application Innovation field & sell-with partner sales motions.
- Global Sales & Consumption Leadership: Manage and deliver WW revenue and consumption results for Digital & Application Innovation for the assigned areas.
- Sales Effectiveness & Efficiency: Optimization of Application Innovation sales engagements to drive business growth by working closely with WW Solution Sales Managers and Specialists through sales coaching, resource orchestration, eliminating blockers, etc.
- Community Advocacy: Lead & deliver the global STU, Blackbelt Sales community, and through-partner sales motions acting as the model seller, deal & licensing strategist, & sales playbook execution SME including differentiated value propositions & objection handling.
- Executive Briefing & Critical Deal Facilitation: Lead C-level dialogue with customers around Application Innovation workloads in one-to-many venues (e.g. EBCs).
- Field Landing & Readiness: Ensure successful rollout across the world to help land sales initiatives/readiness plans in partnership with the Readiness Leads. Includes as appropriate engagement in virtual training, executive meetings, field readiness events, etc.
- Closed Feedback Loop: Facilitation and delivery of closed feedback loop with key executive sponsors, field leadership, and cross-organizational partners including Engineering, Product Marketing, WW STU/Customer Success, Inside Sales, OCP, Services.
- Field Connection & Immersion: Service as voice of field, customer, & partner by establishing field relationships and ongoing engagement to formalize connection channels, listening systems, escalation management, and field council.
- Best Practice Sharing: Partner with internal stakeholders and business sponsors to maximize sales synergy via knowledge transfer and best practices sharing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years experience in business consulting, sales, sales operations, information technology (IT), account management, business development, marketing, IT field sales, or a related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- 6+ years experience in in Near Term Strategy (2 years out), Management Consulting, Sales, or Finance.
- At least 10+ years of recognized and rewarded experience selling Application Innovation business solutions to large/global enterprise customers and 5+ years of sales experience for Cloud Application Development & modernization technologies such as server less, Kubernetes, RedHat OpenShift, Azure App Servies, Azure Data services, low-code platform, etc. required
- Strong knowledge of enterprise software solutions and platform landscape (AWS, Google, Microsoft, etc.) business drivers, and emerging trends required
- Strong understanding of Application Innovation partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs required
- Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations
- Proven track record of building deep relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
- Extensive experience in working across teams is required. Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
- Exceptional verbal and written communication up to the executive level
- Solid interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Strong ability to execute and drive for results, especially in regard to leading WW teams to implement new sales strategies and execute effectively against these strategies
- Highly effective in a global, complex, matrixed environment, including excellence in impact and influence, cross-group collaboration and field community leadership
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; MS / MBA a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.