Principal Software Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Bellevue, Washington, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Orlando, Florida, Portland, Oregon, San Francisco, California, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be and take their careers to levels they cannot achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and the sky is the limit thinking a cloud-enabled world.
Microsoft’s Intelligence Platform engineering team is leading the transformation of analytics in the world of data with products like Power BI, Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Explorer. We will bring the world’s data to the Microsoft Cloud, power a new class of data first applications, and empower everyone on the planet to make better decisions with data.
We do not just value differences or different perspectives. We seek them out and invite them in so we can tap into the collective power of everyone in the company. As a result, our ideas are better, our products are better, and our customers are better served.
We are looking for a technical leader of our team with experience working with all service aspects of high throughput and multi-tenant services, defining technical direction, driving quality, usability & performance, and leveraging data for making decisions.
- As a technical leader of our team, you will lead and contribute to the work of a talented group that values diverse ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds.
- Define the right cross org architecture and make technology decisions.
- Support team members in their daily work and be the go-to person for architecture advice and key technical decisions.
- Partner and communicate to foster great relationships with partners across the business, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Work with the leadership team to define the success and success metrics, drive strategic initiatives, and provide thought leadership.
- Inspire and drive engineering and operational excellence across the org.
- 8+ yrs. software development experience
- 8+ yrs. Experience in C# (preferable), Java, or C++ with solid engineering practices.
- 5+ yrs. Experience with Cloud Services.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Advanced Sciences or related field or similar STEM technical degree
- Experience in Java, c#, TypeScript, NodeJS
- Experience leading complex software projects over multiple releases covering all stages of the product/service lifecycle
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment (and git specifically), refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Excellent written and oral communication, team skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and collaborate across multiple groups and disciplines
- Ability to manage multiple projects / tasks concurrently and drive them to successful completion
- Facilitates collaboration in a cross-group environment (i.e., global software engineering teams)
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision-making skills
- Excellence in strategic thinking, leadership and be able to influence without authority
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and techniques
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.