Principal Software Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Chicago, Illinois, Houston, Texas, Orlando, Florida, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be and take their careers to levels they cannot achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and the sky is the limit thinking a cloud-enabled world.
Microsoft’s Intelligence Platform engineering team is leading the transformation of analytics in the world of data with products like Power BI, Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Explorer. We will bring the world’s data to the Microsoft Cloud, power a new class of data first applications, and empower everyone on the planet to make better decisions with data.
We do not just value differences or different perspectives. We seek them out and invite them in so we can tap into the collective power of everyone in the company. As a result, our ideas are better, our products are better, and our customers are better served.
We provide a range of products that enable data engineers and data scientists to extract intelligence from all data – structured, semi-structured, and unstructured. We are in the process of integrating our disparate products into Azure Synapse Analytics with a set of experiences that are meant to simplify and accelerate time to value.
We are looking for passionate people with experiences working with all service aspects of high throughput and multi-tenant services, ability to design components carefully, properly handle errors, write clean and well-factored code with good tests and good maintainability.
- Design & implement software components
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Assist customers as needed to be able to leverage the service and
- Maintain service uptime and improve reliability
- Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers
- 8+ years of software design, development, and architecture experience
- 8+ years of building robust and scalable solutions in C#/C++/C or any other object-oriented programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline
- Experience with building scalable cloud services.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Distributed Systems experience.
- High enthusiasm, integrity, results-orientation and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.