Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO&I) group is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to support the Cx Automation and Global Commissioning teams set up, monitor, and troubleshoot a distributed test platform. The platform is globally deployed and consists of client and cloud-based applications, custom hardware, wired / wireless networks, and sensor networks that automate the measurement and validation of hardware and electrical components and interconnected systems within large datacenters.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
The core deliverables for this position will include:
- Configure, monitor, and support the test platform used by the Global Commissioning Team
- Develop an understanding of features and operation of all software products and test equipment
- Respond to incidents during on-call rotations and alert product teams to major customer impacting issues
- Analyze telemetry data to identify opportunities to improve the reliability and performance of the platform
- Leverage and contribute to troubleshooting tools for commons problems
- Evaluate and test new applications and test equipment prior to global deployments
- Develop reporting for quality of service, and usage of the application / test instruments
- Troubleshoot and repairing test devices or network equipment that is returned from field
- Develop code or scripts that reduce the setup and overall testing time
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 2+ years systems engineering or DevOps experience with large-scale, distributed infrastructures
- Strong system engineering, coding, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government secruity requirements.
- Experience working on large scale distributed test systems or high data acquisition systems.
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting wired and wireless networks
- Demonstrated proficiency in deploying and monitoring Azure based services
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts to a variety of cross-group stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills, a bias for action, and ability to deliver results
- Experience writing code to automate day-to-day tasks with proficiency in C#, PowerShell, Linux, or Python
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, and meet demanding deadlines
- Collaborate with teammates in various roles to plan and execute on key deliverables
- Work in a culture of continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection, and growth
- Learn quickly from your peers, projects, and interactions with customers
These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.