Azure Kubernetes Services Sr. Consultant -TS CTJ
Location: Springfield, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Microsoft Federal organization was established to address the unique mission, legal/regulatory requirements, and procurement rules and processes of the United States Government (USG). Microsoft Federal is committed to ensuring its resources – including appropriately qualified, experienced, and certified personnel (with necessary security clearances or otherwise) are available as needed to meet USG evolving needs. To that end, Microsoft embraces, as a mission-critical philosophy, flexibility in the recruiting, hiring, and workforce assignment of Microsoft Federal personnel. Microsoft Federal personnel can expect to serve in various roles in the Microsoft Federal organization during the course of their career to meet evolving USG needs, regardless of segment – Civilian, Defense, or intelligence community.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders in the pre-sale process. Provides input on staffing and skill requirements for delivery to Resource Deployment, Technical Delivery Managers, and/or Project Managers. Follows capacity process outlined by Global Capacity Management team.
- Maintains tools with up-to-date skills and availability regarding application development on Azure.
- Leads meetings with customers/partners to understand business needs. Participates in project planning and develops project documents by identifying the risks and dependencies.
- Develops software solutions on Azure and may provide oversight and leadership on workstreams across domains.
- Manages escalations, analyzes situations, and coordinates appropriate resources to resolve issues by following delivery
- practices, considering cost implications, and engaging in conversations with internal and external stakeholders. Proactively manages executive-level relationships to identify and contribute to the drivers of satisfaction and dissatisfaction, determine the root cause, and establish recovery actions to improve experience.
- Acts as an ambassador in consumption of intellectual property by leveraging and/or modifying existing intellectual property (IP) or creating repeatable content. Identifies opportunities to expand or accelerate the adoption and consumption of the cloud and Microsoft technologies.
- Leads or participates in relevant technical communities, and conducts training sessions to evangelize technology and/or offerings based on availability. Completes operational tasks and readiness, and ensures timeliness and accuracy. Embody Microsoft culture and values.
- Experience with Azure Kubernetes Services
- Experience using Kubernetes RBAC
- Experience with Azure CLI
- Experience with Azure PowerShell
- Experience using template-driven deployment options - Azure Resource Manager [ARM] templates, Bicep and Terraform.
- Experience configuring advanced networking, AAD integration and monitoring
Overnight travel for this role is up to 75%.
When not traveling - need to be onsite 50% of the time and able to work remote 50% of the time
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening.
Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.