Director, Channel Partner Programs
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Director, Channel Partner Programs
With a vision to "Build and sell intelligent cloud and intelligent edge solutions with partners, empowering people and organizations to achieve more," Global Partner Solutions (GPS) is responsible for driving revenue outcomes with partners through innovative solutions–at scale! The Partner GTM, Programs, & Experiences team within GPS brings together the Go-to-Market strategy, programs, and platforms to accelerate growth and improve partner experience across all partner segments.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead a team responsible for the management of a broad portfolio of partner programs which impact Microsoft’s Channel Partners, and for providing GPS strategic leadership to cross-company decisions which impact these programs. This program portfolio includes, but is not limited to, programs across our CSP and LSP ecosystems, our scale-managed partner ecosystem and our New Commerce initiatives more broadly. This individual will also be responsible for driving the business insights to achieve strong partner satisfaction, and implement program improvements as needed, to accelerate partner performance.
This role is essential to ensure that we maintain and continue to build a strong ecosystem of channel partners that have highly valued services and solutions that are differentiated across the customers’ end to end engagement lifecycle in order to attract our customers to our Microsoft Cloud platform. It is also important for this role to improve the way partners work and engage with Microsoft by ensuring that we have programs with clear eligibility requirements, friction free onboarding and high accountability on delivering performance that meets program eligibility requirements.
This role works in partnership with the Partner Sales segments, Solutions Strategy teams, Engineering, Finance, Operations, Support and Business Planning teams, and considers issues such as channel capacity, program eligibility, partner business models and profitability to drive customer success, partner sales effectiveness, engineering capabilities and program cost efficacy. This role will also influence our own Microsoft Field Readiness strategy. As this role will work alongside many stakeholders, it will require a balance of leadership and influence skills, as well as people management skills, to support the broader strategic and operational needs of the team.
- Leading a team of Program Managers, who will design and manage programs which deliver a high performing partner ecosystem that supports our customers’ digital transformation. This includes building and implementing strategies that will continue to grow our existing ecosystem of partners with a strong portfolio of services.
- Strategy alignment with Partner Sales segments, Solutions Strategy teams, Engineering, Finance, Operations, Support and Business Planning teams to ensure optimal program design and outcomes
- Close partnership with Compliance, LCC and MBO teams to ensure adherence and enforcement of program policies.
- Strong cross-company influence in senior CVP strategy decisions which impact channel programs, and building connections across other programs – developing an intuitive ability to understand the consequence of one decision on another.
- Drive continuous improvement in program impact through appropriate development/use of analytics and other feedback loops.
- Own program operations excellence in partnership with CSS, Engineering and Business Operations team to ensure optimal execution to deliver high value to participating partners.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Engineering or related field AND 5+ years experience in business consulting, sales, sales operations, information technology (IT), account management, business development, marketing, IT field sales, engineering or a related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience in in Near Term Strategy (2 years out), Management Consulting, Sales, or Finance.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or related field AND 7+ years of marketing, strategy, sales, sales leadership, program management, project management, business planning, consulting, finance, economics, and/or partner organization experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field AND 5+ years of marketing, strategy, sales, sales leadership, program management, project management, business planning, consulting, finance, economics, and/or partner organization experience
- OR equivalent experience
- 3+ years people management experience.
- Demonstrable people management skills, with team members up to and including Director level
- Strong understanding of the Cloud Partner ecosystem, the different partner business models and GTM strategies employed within this ecosystem.
- Proven track record of designing and managing successful programs at scale, both individually and in the context of a large program portfolio.
- Demonstrable executive influence skills in a highly matrixed environment. Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and analytical experience, ability to analyze and interpret business performance measures.
- Strong problem solving skills, attention to detail, an ability to work effectively under pressure and within short time constraints, resourcefulness and able to deal with ambiguity, prioritize while multi-tasking and maintain flexibility in the performance of the job responsibilities. Embracing change is essential.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $161,800 - 242,600 USD
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.