Director, Supply Chain Operations
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Supply Chain Operations Management (SCOM) organization within CSCP manages manufacturing operations and fulfilment with the external supply chain partners. Well-defined and executed sourcing and supply chain management strategies ensures predictable on-time performance, optimized for cost, prevents urgent unplanned investments and provides accurate, timely information across the supply base and internally across the infrastructure organization. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy supply chain professional to help build create sustainable advantage through supply chain.
The Supply Chain Operations Director will be responsible for leading Microsoft’s Cloud Supply Chain team responsible for the fulfillment of Networking and Specialty Hardware.
In this role, you will be the leader responsible for the Fulfillment Execution, Supplier and Inventory Management for Networking and Specialty hardware. In addition, you will:
- Serve as the leader for Supply Chain Operations team - build, coach and develop a high performing team of supply chain professionals Develop core capabilities needed to scale the Supply Chain Operations team
- Drive fulfilment and execution with focus on speed, predictability, and cost
- Manage key strategic partnerships and contracts with suppliers
- Identify business transformation opportunities to drive inventory velocity, reduce cycle time and increase predictability
- Work with internal partners to develop business requirements and roadmap for to improve the tooling as well as advanced data & analytics
- Partner with key strategic partners from Planning, Sourcing and Deployment to drive end-to-end improvements across Networking and Specialty
- Lead cross-functional monthly supplier business reviews
- 10+ years’ experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Sourcing or Operations, ideally within the tech industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years’ experience leading and developing high performing teams of 20+ people
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical degree, MBA is a plus
- Background and experience leading a hardware engineering function within high tech company
- Excellent communication skills
- 10+ years’ experience in global, electronics, high tech manufacturing
- Experience in project or program management with proven track record of successfully setting up and executing supply chain operational processes
- Cloud supply chain experience is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.