Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
M365 Defender is one of the fastest growing businesses across Microsoft and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (MDE) is a key component of the M365 Defender offering. MDE is a platform designed to help enterprise networks prevent, detect, investigate, and respond to advanced threats. With thousands of customers and millions of endpoints already on the service, MDE will quickly become one of the leading services at Microsoft.
Support is a vital component of the service and needs to be recognized as a signature experience. We are transforming MDE Support with a modern in-product experience, simplified path for help, and the operating model for services across the company to follow. Support is now an engineering pillar and treated as a first class experience. If you have passion for Customers and Partners, hunger for groundbreaking change, and demonstrated capability to manage at scale – bring your talent to the Defender for Endpoint “Support as a Feature” team.
- Troubleshoot both client side and service side issues
- Partner with Software Engineering teams to drive prompt resolution of customer-impacting issues
- Implement solutions to monitor the quality and timeliness of the customer support experience
- Drive process improvements within the team and the larger organization as a whole
- Drive bugs/DCRs related to problem management tickets
- Document processes, best methodologies and technical instructions for Support Groups based off the problem management findings
- Identify trends that generate support cases, review community data, and use that data to drive improvements back into the product
- Create automated diagnostics to isolate and, ideally, remediate customer issues
- Passion for customers
- Demonstrated experience in Client Side Support and Hardware/OS troubleshooting skills
- Experience with multiple OS platforms including Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Understanding of cyber security products and concepts.
- Experience in a Security Operations Center role preferred.
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Software Engineers, Program Managers, Security Researchers, and Data Scientists
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision making skills
- 3+ years’ experience leading supportability and troubleshooting the availability of applications, properties, systems, networks, and servers for high availability enterprise systems
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.