Principal Business Strategy Manager
Location: Austin, Texas, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
Cloud Sourcing and Supply Chain (CSSC) organization within CSCP manages sourcing and supply of IT hardware for the data centers. Well-defined and executed sourcing and supply chain management ensures reliable on-time performance, optimized cost, prevents urgent and unplanned investments, and provides accurate and timely information across the supply base and internally across the infrastructure organization. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy supply chain professional to help create sustainable advantage through supply chain.
The role of Principle Business Strategy Manager will be focusing on key areas:
- Drive direction: Provide thought leadership and define strategic agenda for Microsoft Cloud Supply Chain
- Manage strategy projects: Partner with cross-functional teams to drive actions, bring strategy to life and deliver results
- Influence and communicate: Lead executive-level communication and influence cross-functional stakeholders
- Conduct analysis, synthesize findings, and develop recommendations to drive supply chain strategies.
- Topics ranging from industry intelligence and benchmarking, mid to long-term operations/ supply chain optimization, to firefighting and resolving short-term Supply Chain and Sourcing challenges
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive implementation of strategic projects: Define a plan, monitor progress, track KPIs, and remove roadblocks to deliver results.
- Partner with Supply Chain, Sourcing and Engineering teams to ensure supply chain resiliency is built-in at product launch, with diversified supply base and geography
- Lead executive communications to drive strategic agenda and report progress Engage with cross functional teams on
- Supply chain and Sourcing related initiatives such as sustainability, government policy
- Serve as trusted advisor and support other Supply Chain and Sourcing teams to form strategic agenda and executive communications
- 8+ years of experience in high-tech Supply Chain or Sourcing
- 3+ years of experience in Management Consulting, Supply Chain Strategy or Corporate Strategy
- 3+ years of experience in leading strategy projects involving cross functional teams
- MBA or Master’s degree in Supply Chain is a plus
- Experience in owning exec-level communications (to GM/VP and above)
- Demonstrated capability in driving analysis, problem-solving and strategic thinking
- Passionate about defining strategic agenda and driving execution to deliver results
- Ability to influence and build lasting relationships
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.