Location: Irving, Texas
Job Type: Full time
As the Account Executive, you will facilitate Microsoft to better serve our Not-for-Profit customers on their Digital Transformation journey, to empower them to achieve more for societal benefit. You add value by developing and maintaining strong customer relationships that include building relationships with executives at the Chief-level (CxO) as well as other Business and Technical Decision Makers within the customers’ organizations. You will effectively leverage all the digital tools available and orchestrate the other members of the team to address customer needs and requirements. Additionally, you will engage closely with Partners to be able to find the best solution that will address the customer needs.
- Accountable for Sales Territory revenues and customer satisfaction
- Develop a territory planning strategy to ensure that all customers are engaged at the appropriate level with specialized resources and partners
- Lead orchestration, collaboration, and execution with all other specialized roles at the right time and level by leveraging a deep understanding of customer needs
- Establishes and maintains customer engagements including and not limited to maximize value of customer contact, maintains customer relationships to deliver value-based solutions for customer while maintaining customer satisfaction metrics.
- Leverage state-of-the-art Digital tools to plan, prospect and identify opportunities and coach the team on how to maximize opportunity generation. Qualify opportunities and convert them to a customer solution-based scenario.
- Effectively leverage funding programs to accelerate and close deals that result in new customer adds and/or renewals. Maximize up-sell and cross-sell deals by leveraging specialized resources and engage partners to provide the right solution and which aligns to the customer’s business objectives and IT initiatives.
- Scale through Partners by sharing opportunities to deliver innovative solutions driving new business in market. Invest time in learning about key solutions and partners that can solve key business needs to your customers.
- Develop a solid knowledge of Microsoft’s digital transformation offerings, its cloud offerings and gain valuable certifications by leveraging training resources.
- Lead and help customers with a clear strategic vision of their digital transformation journey.
- Collaborates and shares best practices with others. Uses knowledge to engage with customers and with internal teams.
- 4+ years of sales and negotiation experience with year-over-year growth OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) or related field AND 3+ years of sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently exceed sales quota by driving deals with partners.
- Demonstrated understanding of solution selling techniques and selling cloud-based solutions.
- Experienced in building strong, collaborative customer relationships with Business Decision Makers, IT Decision Makers.
- Ability to navigate a customer through sales negotiations and technical presentations in person and remotely.
- Solid knowledge of the business, customers, partners, Microsoft strategy and how they work
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- 6+ years of technology sales and negotiation experience with year-over-year growth Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) or related field AND 4+ years of sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience with year-over-year growth
- OR Master's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) AND 3+ years of sales and negotiation experience or related work.
- Strong time management skills - able to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Problem solver and ability to work in fast-changing environment and manage ambiguity
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft’s commercial cloud offerings - including Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of competitors and related ecosystem
- Proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals
- Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.