Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Boston, Massachusetts, Chicago, Illinois, Los Angeles, California, New York, New York, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Advertising empowers the largest advertisers around the world to reach their maximum potential through paid search engine marketing, native and retail solutions on the Microsoft Advertising platform. We are seeking top performing Sales Managers with digital advertising experience who can coach and develop a team high performing team of Account Managers and Account Executives who will drive revenue and increase client satisfaction, cultivate strong relationships and deliver customized product solutions aligning to client needs.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Manager to drive Microsoft Advertising revenue growth, develop exceptional client relationships and deliver client obsession through direct management of a group of Account Executives and/or Account Managers. The individual in this role will bring deep media sales experience, strategic thinking, client obsession, a passion for innovation and best-practice sharing, while showing they can deliver exceptional results over time. The Sales Manager should have a proven track record of building, managing and growing high-performing sales teams.
- Shared culture of diversity and respect: Continue to create deep connections within our communities, focus on increasing representation, retaining and growing our current team members, while fostering awareness and growth through an inclusive environment.
- Strong client and partner Planning: Prioritize and ensure the development and execution of quality, actionable Client Plans and Joint Business Plans (where applicable). Coach team on how to develop a deep understanding of client needs, challenges/concerns and goals/objectives, and demand quality. Review quarterly with team.
- Healthy predictable pipeline to deliver quota expectations: Develop and communicate a sales strategy to the team that maximizes the revenue opportunity and demonstrates knowledge of the marketplace and portfolio of clients managed by the team. Coach team to identify and prioritize high impact opportunities to grow sales revenue and drive marketplace demand in alignment with client plans and designed to build client successs.
- Execution excellence in team operations: Commit to operational excellence of processes that team owns and contributes to, including but not limited to, Team meetings and the rhythm of business. Manage team variable costs (travel, entertainment, morale, training) effectively in order to maximize revenue while staying within budget. Ensure 100% compliance with all budget management policies. Drive utilization of internal tools for optimizations/adoptions aligned to client needs.
- Collaborative and high-performing account team: Lead a high-performing account team that runs on trust, ensuring internal coherence and a healthy working environment within account team and between immediate partner teams (particularly Data Insights, Sales Excellence). Set team up for success based on fair distribution of quota goals, balanced book of business workload & resource allocation. Support key short-term initiatives and sales contests.
- Continuous business learning and professional growth: Continually strengthen your advertising product knowledge and Industry expertise, take personal accountability for your career and personal development. Complete required and recommended trainings and apply what you learn to further your growth in role and career progression.
Job Requirements: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant sales, advertising, or service experience including complex business transactions with senior executives
- Proven track record of exceptional performance, measured against revenue, client satisfaction, and organizational health metrics
- Demonstrated capability to manage and coach high performing sales and/or service teams
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years’ people management experience preferred
- Relentless focus on the client experience
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for search and technology and its use in driving revenue, efficiency, client and employee satisfaction
- Flexibility to accommodate change and thrive amid ambiguity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills, ability to scale across all levels of an organization
- Solid knowledge of the advertising industry, trends, clients needs, Microsoft’s strategy and how they work together
- Passion for technology as an enabler for company growth
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.