Senior Structural Sourcing Manager
Location: Austin, Texas, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
Cloud Sourcing and Supply Chain (CSSC) organization within CSCP manages sourcing and supply of IT hardware for the data centers. Well-defined and executed sourcing and supply chain management ensures reliable on-time performance, optimized cost, prevents urgent and unplanned investments, and provides accurate and timely information across the supply base and internally across the infrastructure organization. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy, technical supply chain professional to help build sustainable advantage through the supply chain.
The role of Senior Structural Sourcing Manager will be focusing on several key initiatives:
- Early engagement with our development engineering team to identify optimization opportunities around design/manufacturing/commonality/etc. and drive them to product solutions
- Establish appropriate sourcing strategy with the partners to drive long term goal of SC, continuity of supply, and cost and design optimization.
- Initiate required contract work to protect our position from business and technology POV.
- Create and deliver supplier relationship management strategy with each supplier in the space.
- Drive RFQs and selection process through a cross-functional analysis around supplier capabilities.
- Support of programs through the development phases to ensure continued optimization, parts availability, and contract readiness.
- Provide thought leadership and drive strategic initiatives with internal stakeholders and suppliers to support cloud supply chain objectives and strategies.
- Sourcing management
- Engage with cross-functional leadership including product design, quality, and business teams to determine best design solution and supply base to deliver that solution at optimal SC, COS, and cost.
- Lead a supplier selection process to verify appropriate supplier is chosen with suitable capabilities for the given product while ensuring all potential suppliers meet the business, technical, and financial requirements of the program.
- Manage contracting activities with Legal and Contracts Management team and ensure contracts reflect appropriate business terms, IP protection, etc.
- Cost and operations management
- Build multi-sourcing strategy to mitigate risk and drive appropriate competition.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and drive suppliers for cost competitiveness with cost modelling and other sourcing tools.
- Run weekly, monthly, and quarterly reviews with team on cost and operations KPIs. Manage ad-hoc cost issues e.g., tariffs / import export cost, cost inflation.
- Continuous improvement of all critical areas around supply, manufacturing, and cost.
- Manage NPI (New Product Introduction) development builds until mature enough to transition to sustaining sourcing team.
- Manage supplier performance and compliance
- Develop and enable introduction of new suppliers.
- Supervise compliance with MSFT requirements for security, social responsibility, and payment terms.
- Ensure suppliers deliver timely corrective actions from business review / audits. Support and meet business cost metrics through the development process
- 8+ years experience in procurement, supply chain, operations areas.
- 4+ experience in leading cross functional teams.
- Engineering or technical background.
- Cloud or high tech supply chain experience.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.