Director – Puget Sound Region Real Estate and Facilities Operations
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you are passionate about providing a world class employee experience to Microsoft employees while leading & developing a high performing team of business professionals, the Microsoft Real Estate and Facilities Team (RE&F) is looking for you to join our team! We are focused on empowering every organization and individual at Microsoft to achieve more. There are over 44,000 Microsoft Employees that call Puget Sound home, over roughly 14.5M square feet of space within 111 buildings. Every day, our team strives to deliver the workspaces and services that enable individuals to achieve their highest potential. If you share our passion, thrive on big challenges with broad impact and want to join a team of innovators in Corporate Real Estate, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you!
We are hiring for the Director of the Puget Sound RE&F Operations team. This position has a significant role in influencing our workplace to attract and retain talent and is responsible for directing the operations and maintenance of Microsoft’s Puget Sound real estate portfolio. Our top priority is to provide innovation, operational excellence, and efficiencies by orchestrating connectedness across all our teams to provide a seamless employee experience.
What we do:
The Operations team of Real Estate and Facilities focuses on four overall services.
- Dining, Catering & Events
- Logistics & Moves
- Facilities Operations
Our guiding principles:
- Inspire - Inspire and promote innovation amongst our team to enhance employee experiences.
- Engage - Create connections to engage with community, teams and our organization to allow for consistency in our approaches.
- Provide - Provide an inclusive environment allowing visibility and transparency.
- Develop - Develop an environment that provides information relevant to our teams and customers.
You will work on innovative and high-impact business projects, working with our internal business partners, industry experts and strategic vendors to further foster innovation while delivering renowned solutions across our campus.
We are looking for a person who is up to the challenge of managing all aspects of these businesses from day to day management, long term strategic direction, budgeting, financial reporting, collaboration on new building design, as well as set long term IT road map within a complex technology infrastructure.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Business and operational management of the operations across the Puget Sound campus. Leading a team that manages external staff across varying lines of businesses supporting the organizational efforts. Proactively and independently creating complex business strategies, and apply them up, down, and across Microsoft.
- Work with our internal business partners, industry experts and strategic vendors to foster innovation while delivering renowned solutions across our campus. Manage long term strategic direction, budgeting, financial reporting, collaboration on new building design, as well as set long term IT road map within a complex technology infrastructure.
- Showcase and evangelize our East Campus Modernization plans and model. Build communications that support our employee base, executives, and our local communities.
- Develop and manage annual operating expense budgets. Includes decisions and recommendations on areas of spend, accountability of actuals vs. forecasted and approval of all new out of scope expenses. Financial responsibilities also include managing all capital dollar expenditures - justifications and implementations.
- Lead the development of new programs and service models that meet Microsoft’s business needs along with customer requirements, while balancing the costs and meeting or exceeding organizational and corporate budget forecasts.
- Create strategic alliances between internal customers, support organizations and vendors to facilitate the execution of the strategy and ensure all goals are achieved.
- Build and maintain an effective network of new and existing suppliers, including identifying and establishing viable alternative sources of supply.
- Designs and develops new programs and services to use vendors' complex capabilities across multiple sites or a whole business group.
- Develop and administer department policies, programs, plans, standards, and associated change management.
- Develop relationships with business partners and clients as an RE&F “Trusted Leader” by providing subject matter insight and leadership to deliver successful outcomes for the company.
- Build and maintain strong peer connections and alignment with other RE&F regions, Procurement, Legal, Finance and our Global Center led teams.
- Represent Microsoft and our services businesses in the industry and ensure we are fully leveraging and showcasing Microsoft products and technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, Finance or related field AND 8+ years work experience in program management, process management, process improvement, facilities management at a matrixed organization
- OR equivalent experience.
- 6+ years management (e.g., people, project, process, vendor, change) experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, Finance or related field AND 12+ years experience in program management , process management, process improvement
- OR Master's Degree in Business, Operations, Finance or related field AND 10+ years program management experience, process management, process improvement
- OR equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.