Principal Product Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Intelligence Platform engineering team is leading the transformation of analytics in the world of data with products like Stream Analytics, Power BI, Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Explorer. We will bring the world’s data to the Microsoft Cloud, power a new class of data first applications, and empower everyone on the planet to make better decisions with data.
Processing big data in real-time is now an operational necessity for many businesses. As enterprises move to the cloud, there is an explosion of data coming from a variety of applications, machines and devices. The need for getting real time insights from this data in motion is vital for a variety of use cases. These include scenarios like real-time fraud detection, fleet management and connected cars, clickstream analysis, real time recommendations, network and log monitoring.
Azure Stream Analytics is a leader in this space and allows customers to effortlessly unlock real-time analytics on your streaming data, from cloud to edge. Our mission is to democratize real-time analytics, allowing our customers focus on their business logic and not on managing the compute infrastructure. As a Product Manager for Azure Stream Analytics, you will be at the forefront of this effort, defining innovative ways for customers analyze and derive value from data in motion.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Manager with deep empathy for developers, great curiosity, willingness to question, high enthusiasm, integrity, and results oriented. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, solving tough technical problems and have a passion for data analytics, we want to hear from you.
We do not just value differences or different perspectives. We seek them out and invite them in so we can tap into the collective power of everyone in the company. As a result, our ideas are better, our products are better, and our customers are better served.
- Product area – own and drive real-time analytics product improvements, to ensure product delivers on the customer needs.
- Engineering engagement - Close partnership with engineering and design teams to understand technical trade-offs to successfully influence product design.
- Prioritization – Ruthless prioritization across several competing objectives to make the optimal use of time and resources.
- Customer development – In-person and virtual interviews to understand users, priorities and scenarios customers are trying to implement. Helping customers adopt and scale their usage of Stream Analytics.
- Product and market strategy - Researching market segments, assessing competitive differentiation, creating decision frameworks, formulating and validating hypotheses and advocating direction.
- Launch and evangelism – create product demos and other technical sales tools; develop conference presentations and other collateral to highlight capabilities.
- Organizational leadership - Work with customers, support, and engineering teams to handle and resolve any critical customer issues that arise with our product.
- 8+ years of experience in product management or product development in software industry
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience designing and shipping cloud services for developers, performance tuning of compute infrastructure, troubleshooting & development experience.
- Experience working with stream analytics technologies, including open-source technologies like Flink, Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Professional experience in product design or product management
- Unique balance of technical, development, project, and program management skills
- Knowledge and background in at least one of the following: Databases, Data Warehousing, Analytics, Big Data, Real-time analytics
- Strong communication skills, excellent collaboration and negotiation skills and the ability to work effectively across teams and organizations in a global work environment
Cloud Screening (required for all C+AI Job Descriptions)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.