Senior Finance Manager – M&A and Financial Systems Integration
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Finance Applications team, within the Corporate Finance Services Organization, is looking for a Senior Finance Manager. Our team is highly motivated and dedicated to executing financial data operations of the enterprise ecosystems, including system integration, user support, delivering financial application initiatives, and driving tool strategy.
As a Senior Finance Manager, you will have the opportunity to work closely with engineering, corporate accounting, field finance, global workplace services, as well as various other business groups to design and implement new systematic solutions for all of Microsoft. We are responsible for the delivery of accurate and reliable data as well as managing the internal tools used for financial data reporting, business metrics, master data, and business rules.
This position is to focus on the integration of the financial systems of newly acquired companies, specifically to play a key role in their financial systems analysis, data transformation and systems implementation.
The role requires strong program management and leadership skills with experience in general accounting, finance systems and process design as well as having the ability to work with ambiguity and to collaborate with various teams to drive the solutions.
Overall, a Senior Finance Manager
- Understands the business drivers for Microsoft and the acquired entities
- Understands the Microsoft month end accounting close processes, financial systems and financial reporting
- Analyzes and identifies opportunities for system and process improvement
- Manages system integration process and operational efficiency
- Cultivates change and has a growth mindset
- Has passion for emerging technologies, a deep understanding of financial & business data, and outstanding communication skills
- Perform initial analysis and assessment of the acquired entity’s business characteristics, its financial systems and their reporting capabilities
- Partner with teams across Corporate Accounting, International Tax, Legal, and Merger & Acquisition, and Engineering Group Finance to design the process to incorporate the acquired company’s financial data into Microsoft financials for month end close to meet the statutory and management reporting requirements
- Partner with various finance teams to develop the system integration approach and execute the integration plan
- Bachelor's Degree AND 4+ years experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis, or product development
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
- BA/BS degree in accounting preferred
- 5+ years of ERP/SAP implementation experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience in acquisition system integration in an enterprise environment
- Experience in Microsoft finance & accounting close processes, management reporting, and forecasting is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft financial tools, such as Mercury, MS Sales, PlanCast, and BPC
- Proficiency in Microsoft master data, hierarchies, its impact and change process
- Proficiency in systems design, process improvement and automation
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to utilize experience to improve processes
- Strong understanding of workflow, data structures, system integration
- High attention to detail and ability to work within stringent deadlines
- Expert Excel and PowerPoint skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.