Senior Technical Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Senior Technical Program Manager, Strategic Engagements
Microsoft Cloud Operations and Innovation team (CO+I) is the team behind the Microsoft’s Cloud infrastructure and is responsible for innovating, planning, designing, building and operating one of the largest datacenter fleets in the world. We support product teams by providing the secure and compliant, cost efficient and highly available global infrastructure that Microsoft’s customers depend on. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency and a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high-energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
To keep up with rapidly changing customer and business demands, CO+I is looking for a world class technical program manager who can lead complex engagements across our top datacenter suppliers and in collaboration with Microsoft sales organizations to drive strategic partnership development.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, has an ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and a desire to help shape the overall business. You will lead multiple large-scale engagements to improve mutual partnerships with suppliers. This role requires a keen sense for stakeholder management, strategic thinking, detailed project management and analysis, while demonstrating technical leadership and strong business judgement.
As an ideal candidate, you are a solution-oriented person with a combination of deep business and planning-related domain expertise and an analytical mindset. You must have the ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups to develop innovative solutions to drive changes in our complex and rapidly growing Cloud Infrastructure. This role requires familiarity with the breadth of Microsoft’s sales offerings, strong technical program management skills, analytical fluency, and ability to work with procurement, sales and engineering teams to drive results.
If you are looking for a high paced, high impact, high visibility role, our Sr. Technical Program Manager role may be what you are looking for.
- Lead delivery of strategic initiatives within the CO+I as well as other internal organizations. Establish a results-oriented, metrics-driven programmatic approach to deliver strategic initiatives.
- Establish a scalable engagement framework that provides visibility and ensures success for our active strategic engagement portfolio. Refine methodology, tools and templates for continuous improvement.
- Advance engagement process through development of technical solutions and architecture, in partnership with our engineering organization.
- Develop and maintain a long-term program/category roadmaps and facilitate strategic supplier engagements
- Drives simplification and automation to evolve processes, services, and solutions, to increase agility and efficiencies and lower costs.
- 8+ years of experience in technical project management and delivery, leading large-scale projects and achieving results in midst of ambiguity and across multiple organizations
- Familiarity with common process improvement methodologies (Lean, Six-Sigma, etc.)
- 8 years of supplier or customer-facing experience. Experience working within a business development organization is a plus.
- High proficiency in verbal and written communication, ability to interact with diverse groups across multiple organizational levels
- Familiarity with change management methodologies & ability to drive solution adoption across the organization
- Creative problem-solving & analytical skills to drive keen insights and understand root causes combined with a “sense of urgency” to develop solutions
- Previous customer-facing experience or experience working within a business development organization.
- Previous experience with advanced data analytics & modeling a big plus
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.