Sr. Finance Manager - C+AI Revenue Business Health
Location: Mountain View, California, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you are looking for exciting business and finance challenges, an opportunity to impact the future of cloud computing, a place to grow your career along with the business, and learn and have fun in the process, this role in Microsoft’s Cloud & AI Revenue Team is for you.
The Cloud + AI Revenue Team is seeking a Sr Finance Manager to support the analysis and financial rhythm for the App Dev products and services. This highly visible role requires strong analytical skills and the ability to land messages and lead projects with engineering, marketing and sales that drive action to improve overall business health.
This is a unique and exciting role and we are looking for a high-caliber candidate who thrives in fast paced, dynamic environments. This business relies heavily on a strong finance partnership to enable success and you will exercise significant influence through analytical insight in this pivotal role. This role will develop insights into performance and influence key leaders and communities across engineering, marketing, sales, and planning organizations. If you have a proven ability to effectively influence stakeholders and possess strong analytical skills and business intuition, then you are a great candidate for this position.
- Support key financial rhythms across a variety of stakeholders including: marketing, engineering, and finance leaders
- Recognize and understand underlying business and market drivers and the competitive landscape across cloud platform products
- Provide analytics and guidance on opportunities to improve business performance
- Develop and land annual financial targets and provide thought leadership around key priorities and go to market strategies
- Perform ROI analysis for new and existing initiatives to help optimize business performance
- Ensures compliance with company policies, legal standards, and regulatory requirements by reviewing and monitoring accuracy of financial documents and business processes. Drives corrective measures. Consults with business partners on sharing financial information, approved instruments and processes, and consistency with corporate policies. Collaborates with Compliance groups to ensure team is current on company policies and procedures.
One of the single most important characteristics of an ideal candidate is a passion to dive into the business and generate insights to help guide the business in the right direction. The person should be able to build and nurture relationships across finance and business partners to drive results and insights.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 4+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 2+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Excellent cross group collaboration skills including the ability to comfortably communicate with executive management at Microsoft
- Ability to effectively manage multiple inputs across many stakeholders, prioritizing the effort on main drivers
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty in a business that evolves at a very fast pace
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking
- Show propensity for learning, and demonstrate ability to identify, analyze, interpret, and deliver sound solutions
- Executive level oral and written communication skills - ability to communicate complex analysis and models in a simple way
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and the ability to synthesize insights from large datasets
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.