Digital Technology Specialist - Security, Compliance & Identity
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Fargo, North Dakota, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Houston, Texas, Irving, Texas, Los Angeles, California, Phoenix, Arizona, San Diego, California, San Jose, California, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Security is top of mind for businesses and governments throughout the world. Microsoft is committed to keeping everyone secure in an increasingly complex cyber landscape. As a Security, Compliance & Identity Technology Specialist, you will work with a virtual team of sales, technical, partner and consulting resources to enhance the team capabilities for extended detection and response (XDR), zero trust and cloud security as well as Microsoft Purview portfolio empowering our customers to protect, govern, and safeguard their sensitive data while also managing regulatory compliance requirements and maintaining customer & employee privacy. Being part of this team will allow you to strengthen both your consultative selling skills as well as your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based security & compliance solutions, architectures, programs, and technologies. You will make an impact by helping our customers secure their organizations.
- Act as the key technical contact for our Corporate Sales team with focus on Security, Compliance, and Identity technologies
- You will be the subject matter expert leading technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions ensuring customer requirements are met
- Execute quick technical feasibility assessments and proposal developments for the customer’s identified solutions
- Scope the technical and security design for customer solutions, select optimal migration paths for the customer, build consumption plans, as well as execute limited POCs (Proof of Concepts), where necessary
- Prepare technical insights and key scenarios required to drive the right technical and business solution outcomes
- Meet and exceed team-level Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Sales Targets for Revenue and Usage, as well as operational scorecard metrics
- Contribute to customer-facing events such as webinars and workshops
- Contribute to internal tech intensity knowledge sharing sessions to share knowledge with the rest of the team on your subject matter expertise areas
- Constantly research and educate self with the newest technical developments in cloud capabilities for both Microsoft and competitors
- Relevant certifications from Microsoft or competitive platforms AND 3+ years technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field AND 4+ years technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Security, Compliance & Identity Expertise - Deep experience with, and ability to explain key benefits, trade-offs, and architectures relating to Security, Compliance and Identity topics including cloud-based identity and access management, endpoint detection and response, anti-malware, persistent threats, email security, user behavior and analytics, threat intelligence, threat hunting, information protection, data loss prevention, eDiscovery, insider risk management, application management, security management and governance
- Technical depth - Technical experience with design, configuration and implementation of Microsoft or other security, compliance & identity solutions as well as competitive product knowledge (like CrowdStrike, Okta, Proofpoint, Symantec, ArcSight, Splunk, Digital Guardian, Titus)
- Cloud Trust - Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions
- Collaborative - Able to work cohesively with external customers and internal Microsoft sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft partners
- Excellent Communicator - Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
- Growth Mindset - Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing, and learning from the experience; sharing best practices and knowledge for others’ benefit
- Technical breadth - Customer experience and demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft 365 solution and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions with infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset - Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused
- Executive Presence - Validated experience engaging with senior level executives
- Experience - 5+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles
- Education - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Certification – Microsoft Certifications such as MS-500, SC-200, SC-300, SC-400 or any of the following CEH, OSCP, CCSP, GSEC, CCIA, GSED, ECSA or GISP
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $115,500 and $150,100
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.