Senior Product Manager
Location: Dallas, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft 365 is the world’s leading productivity service, entrusted by hundreds of millions of users worldwide. Microsoft 365 Core Platform is at the center of it all. As the platform where all the emails, documents, chats for Microsoft 365 users are stored, first and third party developers rely on our platform to build fast, reliable, intelligent experiences for millions of people around the world, empowering them to do more and achieve more. The Microsoft 365 Core Performance team is responsible for scaling our platform while delivering amazing experiences for our users and keeping service costs in check.
The Microsoft 365 Core team is looking for a Senior Product Manager to work with our engineering team and our customers (internal developers across Microsoft 365 product suite and external party developers outside Microsoft) to make sure they use our platform in the most resource and cost efficient way as possible. You will collaborate with these teams to continuously discover and delivery platform efficiencies through software improvements to reduce our cost of operations.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver products to proactively monitor, alert and manage risk to our service health
- Develop a service reliability framework to handle workload quality of service needs during capacity crunches automatically at scale
- Incorporate M365 standard business continuity protocols into the service reliability framework to manage crises
- Champion reliability as a core mission in every step of the value chain, starting from partner workload onboarding all the way to ongoing management of our infrastructure
- BS or higher in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years technical product management experience
- 1+ years of Cloud experience (Azure, AWS or equivalent)
- 1+ years experience driving cloud platform reliability improvements
- Experience working with developers/customers, understanding their needs, and being their voice.
- Strong technical proficiency to become an expert on our platform and guide developers on the best way to use it
- Ability to work across team boundaries to get things done
- Prior experience working on cloud platforms is a huge plus
- Self-motivated, proactive, and results-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.