Datacenter/Circular Center Inventory & Asset Technician Manager
Location: Boydton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day and we need you as a Datacenter/Circular Center Inventory & Asset Technician Manager (CC DIAL).
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I DIAT, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. As a group, CO+I is focused on the personal and professional development of all employees and offers trainings and opportunities including Career Rotation Programs, Diversity & Inclusion trainings and events, and professional certifications.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Do you want to empower billions across the world? Come and join us in CO+I and be at the forefront of the action!
#COICareers #Buildthecloud #Changetheworld #WeSeeYou #RepresentationMatters
As a successful Datacenter/Circular Center Inventory & Asset Technician Manager, your success is measured by:
- Learn, Live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success.
- Empower a culture of safety and security in global datacenter operations by complying with CO+I’s safety programs and policies and completing compliance knowledge assessments.
- Develop positive working relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders.
As a successful Datacenter/Circular Center Inventory & Asset Technician Manager, your day-to-day work will include:
- Leading a team of Circular Center, I&A technicians responsible for harvesting and testing of parts and components, material movement, shipping & receiving, inventory management, stocking, and cycle count
- Encouraging the team to share lessons learned, best practices, and innovations on process/procedures and tools to improve efficiencies and productivity.
- Responsible for people management including performance reviews, career coaching, and career growth discussions.
- Performing shift-based tactical management tasks such as prioritizing ticketing queues, working to resolve escalations, and clearing blocking issues to enable continued delivery of I&A activities
- Manage resource scheduling to ensure meeting SLAs and project deliveries.
- Provide hands-on support to the I&A team as needed during high volume work activity.
Microsoft reviews all applications that meet the below Required Qualifications.
For this role, you are welcome to apply if you meet the following Required Qualifications:
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- At least (3) three years of experience supporting Inventory Control, Logistics, or Warehouse Management as a lead or manager of people.
- Preferred minimum of (3) years lead experience at Microsoft.
- Technical College degree or certification in APICS/Inventory Control, Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce.
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights.
- Basic working knowledge of physical IT infrastructure (e.g., Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
- Perform and execute organization’s safety programs and policies, and compliance knowledge assessments.
- Valid license to drive standard street-legal automatic transmission vehicles within your DC’s local jurisdiction.
- Flexibility to work non-business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays.
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.