Project Organizational Change Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
The Microsoft Capacity Supply Chain and Provisioning group is an exciting and fast evolving team with a mission to optimize and deliver industry leading cloud infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s online services used by our Customers around the world. The organization is responsible for strategy and delivery of the foundational platform for the Microsoft Cloud supply chain. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high-energy individuals to help achieve our mission to become an industry leading supply chain.
CSCP has an exciting opportunity for you to play a leadership role in driving change for our transformation. The job is an individual contributor role within the Transformational Enablement Change Management Team.
As an experienced change manager with in-depth knowledge of Prosci or similar organizational change management methodology, you will drive behavioral change by planning and executing the change management strategies for supply chain transformation projects. You will work with a centralized Change Management Office (CMO) to ensure consistency across the full scope of supply chain transformation and lead a virtual team of Change Agents and cross-functional Subject Matter Experts. This will require coordination across multiple project teams that are driving the development of new end-to-end supply chain process capabilities to support the growth of the Microsoft Cloud.
Manages and implements change management activities (change strategy & planning, stakeholder engagement, change impact, organizational readiness, communications and training).
Aligns leadership with the goals and objectives essential to successful project execution.
Conducts thorough Audience Impact Analysis and defines and executes engagement strategies to effectively share information with project stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
Provides guidance to team members in the development of change strategies.
Provides input, documents requirements and supports the design and delivery of change management training programs.
Develops supply chain wide approach for developing the organization’s depth of supply chain knowledge around processes and best in class technologies.
Identifies, analyzes and prepares readiness and adoption risk mitigation tactics.
Identifies and manages anticipated resistance.
Defines and measures success metrics and monitors change journey progress.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience of successfully managing organizational change initiatives and working knowledge of Prosci or similar methodology.
- 3+ years of High-Tech supply chain experience and working knowledge of the SCOR model.
- Ability to facilitate stakeholder alignment in strategy sessions to document and close gaps in acceptance.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere.
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
- Team player mindset and ability to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Experience assessing the organizational impacts on stakeholders affected by the implementation of new technology, products, processes, or business environments.
- Experience developing and executing engagement and communication strategies to effectively share information with project stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Experience developing detailed action plans that pinpoint the impact of change on affected parties and identify the plan of action for addressing the anticipated responses to the change.
- Experience measuring the effectiveness of change management activities through the use of adoption metrics, surveys and interviews.
- Experience with the Prosci ADKAR Model.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in HR, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, General Business or related field.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.