Senior Program Manager
Location: Ashburn, Virginia, Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Houston, Texas, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind one of the World’s largest Cloud Infrastructures, responsible for powering all Microsoft online Products and Services as well as powering Microsoft’s “Cloud First” mission. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide, and we are looking for passionate, high energy program managers to help achieve that mission.
If you want to have fundamental impact on how Microsoft’s Cloud is deployed and operated globally, want to be involved with one of the most strategically important teams at Microsoft, have strong technical and business acumen, leadership, creativity, and out of the box thinking are some of the skills you bring to the table - this job is for you!
We are looking for an exceptional program manager to join the CO+I organization in a business management / strategic project leadership role. As a senior program manager, you will lead large-scale projects with a balance of leadership and strong business judgement. You will also play a key role in leading various business performance reviews as part of our organizational rhythm of business, to ensure CO+I’s readiness to achieve aggressive near-term growth targets.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a desire to help shape the overall business. As an ideal candidate, you are a solution-oriented person with a combination of deep business and planning-related domain expertise and an analytical mindset. You must have the ability to partner effectively with diverse stakeholder groups to drive complex problem solving.
- Govern performance against key metrics with consistent reporting and proactive stakeholder engagement.
- Leverage business insights from disparate information sources to develop programmatic solutions and deliverables.
- Drive identification and insights to suboptimal flows in existing processes. Evangelize proposed changes across teams.
- Manage strategic initiative projects from initiation through execution, enhancing business value across different program delivery segments.
- Apply world-class technical and competitive ecosystem knowledge to respond to competitive challenges in data center strategies.
- Differentiate Microsoft data center delivery to create a competitive advantage by applying ‘Best in Class’ project and program management expertise.
- Use experience and expertise to improve overall process design and execution activities to achieve aggressive capacity growth targets.
- Deliver on ambiguous projects with multiple stakeholders, unclear requirements and incomplete data.
- 5+ years of project / program management experience in large-scale implementations
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, economics, engineering, or related fields
- Proven track record of leading complex deliverables in a highly matrixed, regionally dispersed organizational structure
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Exceptional executive-level communication and engagement skills. Able to simplify complex ideas into easy-to-understand concepts
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience working with large, diverse teams
- Track record of coaching teams and mentoring others in program execution
- Demonstrated technical excellence in learning and applying successful strategies / implementing improvements to engineering methods and quality practices
- Strong experience in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Advanced degree and/or Program management certification.
- Experience in PowerBI
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.