Product Business Planner (Multiple Roles, including Sr Business Planner Roles)
Location: Albany, New York, Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Baltimore, Maryland, Bellevue, Washington, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Los Angeles, California, Mountain View, California, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, Tampa, Florida, United States, Washington, District of Columbia, Woodbridge Township, New Jersey
Job Type: Full time
This role is remote and available for most locations across the US. If you work from Redmond, WA; Mountain View, CA; or Atlanta, GA you may have the option to work hybrid in the office.
The opportunity our Team offers:
The Business Planning & Commercial Licensing (BPCL) team is responsible for monetization strategy, pricing, and packaging constructs for products representing over $100 billion of annual revenue. To deliver on this broad charter, we’ve built a center of excellence with an industry-leading reputation for strategic thought leadership. As a product business planner, you will deliver real impact by:
- Collaborating with engineering to turn new IP and product roadmaps into revenue, growth, and profitability for Microsoft
- Creating business model frameworks that align with customer value
- Optimizing customer experience through new commerce innovation
- Creating incentive structures for our partner ecosystem to deliver value for end-customers
- Developing offer strategies to accelerate cross-cloud adoption and new user growth
We encourage a diverse and inclusive culture, and each of us strives to be respectful, collaborative, honest, accountable, and caring. You will have opportunities to develop your career by forging effective cross-functional relationships, taking on progressively broader product portfolio coverage, and establishing yourself as a trusted strategic advisor to senior engineering, marketing, and finance leaders. You can expect to have sponsorship for your work, support for your professional development, and encouragement to bring your authentic self to work.
How you can make an impact:
As product business planner, you will:
- Lead cross-functional teams to land monetization strategy, pricing decisions, and packaging constructs for your product areas
- Conduct market research to understand total addressable market, competitive dynamics, optimal customer segmentation, and customer willingness to pay
- Partner with finance to determine the revenue and customer lifetime value impact of business model decisions
- Collaborate with product engineering and product marketing on product vision, offer strategy and packaging constructs
- Engage with our Operations & Business Insights team to optimize pricing and launch products across hundreds of regions worldwide
- Partner with the New Commerce and Commercial Strategy team to develop and land new business models with the commerce engineering and the sales organizations.
- Embody our culture and values
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience in pricing, corporate strategy, technology product management, management consulting, investment banking, technology product finance
- OR equivalent practical and functional experience
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering
- OR equivalent experience
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- You are a strong communicator who can adapt your style and message across various stakeholders and levels, including marketing and engineering executives, customers, and partners
- You have demonstrated strategic framing skills to create alignment between engineering, product marketing, and business owners
- You are an excellent problem-solver who can see the big picture and possess deep analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize data from multiple sources to make data-driven decisions
- You consistently deliver strong results and demonstrate good judgment, personal accountability, and high integrity
- You work independently and effectively as part of a broad team, and drive successful outcomes with virtual teams
- You have a Master degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering
- OR equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is from $119,200 to $178,800.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.