Partner Development Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Los Angeles, California, Redmond, Washington, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, United States
Job Type: Full time
Are you inspired by the prospect of helping our customers achieve their digital transformation objectives by leveraging the power of the Microsoft Cloud? Are you excited by the opportunity to own Go-to-Market strategy for the Microsoft Cloud Security platform and technologies across a select group of Microsoft’s most strategic and high growth Global System Integrators?
Microsoft’s Global Partner Solutions (GPS) Team is looking for an exceptional leader who can enable five of our largest and fastest growing Business Advisory and Management Consulting Partners to rapidly scale their Security Services business with the Microsoft Cloud. These 5 GSI partners work on some of the largest, complex and most exciting Cloud Security and Cyber customer projects around the world.
In this role, you will help our Business Advisory and Management Consulting Partners develop technology-based offerings on Microsoft Azure Security, Modern Workplace Security, Compliance and Data governance products, pursue go-to-market opportunities and land key customer wins. This is a unique role at the worldwide level that adds value both to Microsoft and to our GSI partners. We are looking for an energetic, cross-team leader who can collaborate with a broad network of stakeholders across Microsoft and our partner organizations, both at a global and regional level to accelerate our joint Security business.
The central objective is to enable our GSIs to scale with unique offerings and surpass business goals for driving Security Cloud Services consumption. You will engage with leaders across Microsoft engineering, sales & marketing teams for key “build-with” initiatives with our partners. You will also drive our Go-To-Market for Security across the portfolio inclusive of coordinating with Account Teams to accelerate winning and implement critical customer deals. Overall success is measured against attainment of scorecard targets for Microsoft’s Security consumption revenue and usage, growth of the Security solution portfolio and coordination of strategic GTM priorities.
This role will require close coordination with a virtual team of experienced Cloud Solution Architects and security engineers. The collective goal is to drive deep partner alignment, enablement and business growth on Microsoft Security Services. We are looking for a strong team player who combines deep technical knowledge with business acumen. The ideal candidate is someone who knows what it takes to identify, pursue and win large Security deals with partners.
This position reports to the Vice President of the Business Advisory and Management Consulting Partners and coordinates very closely with our Global Partner Development Managers, senior Microsoft engineering, product marketing and Solution Team Units resources.
Specific responsibilities and required competencies include:
- Driving business initiatives to win new Security deals: Leading efforts with our partners to create compelling offerings and go-to-market initiatives on Microsoft Security Services. Must have the ability to recognize and quantify opportunities; assess market dynamics and recommend strategies.
- Drive Partner Enablement and Practice Building: Co-develop and oversee technical capability and capacity development plans for Microsoft Security offerings with the assigned partner(s).
- Accelerate revenue, consumption, and usage through insights, problem solving and best practices: Align all stakeholders to maximize impact. Share real-time insights and best practices with partners and Microsoft. Apply business analytics on trends, pipeline, consumption and usage.
- Sharing insights and best practices for accelerating Security consumption and usage: Aligning all stakeholders to maximize impact. Must have the ability to share real-time insights and best practices with partners.
- Providing the key feedback loop: Being the primary interface between the GSIs and the appropriate Microsoft engineering and business groups. Must have the ability to create structured business recommendations, adapt quickly based on senior stakeholder or market input and effectively communicate back to partner leadership teams.
- Ensure that the Security GTM with GSIs is comprehensive and supported by a well-defined solutions portfolio that aligns with Microsoft’s industry, technology, and sales, priorities.
- Support Cloud Security sales opportunities by working with appropriate partner and Microsoft field teams.
- Build relationships with partner executives, technology and sales leaders to evangelize Microsoft Security Services and drive results in our field engagements.
- Track pipeline health on key Security deals to accelerate sales momentum and consumption.
- Ensuring hand-offs to and engagements with the appropriate resources at the appropriate sales phase, to maximize win probability and minimize time to close, make proper decisions resolve issues with local leadership and escalate to WW as required.
- Manage and build relationships with GSIs executives and sales teams to evangelize the initiative and drive sales engagement and results in the field.
- Drive quarterly QBRs between GSIs LT teams and Microsoft Security teams in engineering, sales, marketing and services.
- Drive and measure pipeline health on security workloads to help accelerate Microsoft platform adoption, sales momentum and cloud consumption.
Develop strategic content that will allow better positioning of our alliances with GSIs internally and externally.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Operations, Computer Science or a related field AND 8+ years partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Nice to have
- Experience in technology sales leadership with Fortune 500 companies and/or Partner/Alliance sales leadership.
- Great leadership and the ability to mentor others
- Strategic business thinker coupled with a passion for execution
- High executive maturity and senior level communication skills
- Proven sales/operations management track record of consistently holding or exceeding quota, using an indirect sales model, focused on solving enterprise customer problems, taking new products and solutions to market
- Strong Team Player: Work effectively across virtual teams to solve partner and channel issues, account issues, leverage best practices, & deliver results
- Knowledge on how to build a virtual team (across GSI partners and Microsoft), solution sales oriented
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Security technologies (Level 100-200) and hands-on experience in winning/delivering Security business
- Sharp business acumen with insights and understanding of competitor offerings
- Strong communication skills and maturity to conduct partner executive briefings
- Passion to make an impact with a strong bias for action and keenness to solve customer problems
The base salary for this role in the STATE OF COLORADO is between USD $152,000 – $198,000
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among other
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.